The Fabulous Al Green

24 thoughts on “The Fabulous Al Green

Never heard this from Rev. Green. He is a great artist. Too bad there is no music like this anymore.

2. I know this won’t go over well, but it had to be said. It’s not what you think either.

Much like the rainbow has been forgever tarnished by so called “gay movement”, I think the word “Fabulous” has as well. It maybe just me as per always, but them be my thoughts.

And of course you can never go wrong with The Incomparable Al Green.

3. Al green and ron isley, lenny Williams earth wind and fire, etc are amazing true artists. Anybody else notice that the decent good music is coming from white uk artists now [adele,daley,etc]. America is slippin , they have a lot of black artists being rappers and going into hip hop but not very many in rnb and soul. Operation take over music is in full effect. One day the only black artists on the radio will be nothing but rappers and the rnb artists will be white. I feel sorry for the next generation smh.

I think r&b has a dead art form pretty much. Very sad.

*is a dead art form*

6. Sangoma on said:

Todays sermon church will be on Love and Happiness from the book of Green- Al Green… Hallelujah! Just name chapter and verse. Chile pleez! lol

7. Glad you all like this song. I’ve gotten through some tough times with Al’s help.

8. One of my favs

9. Hmmm……you’ve got great taste.

10. anonymous on said:

Saw him in concert once. Great artist.

11. Pingback: Kemetix | The Fabulous Al Green

@ Bry. Donnie Hathaway is the truth. Such a tragedy. Such a talented artist.

13. oooh!!!!! The days when music filled, moved and grooved the Soul……Brought back memories….

14. I bought Al’s greatest hits cd for my dad years ago. I borrowed that cd quite a lot. Al has a very soothing and passionate voice. You don’t get that much nowadays in r&b music.

15. Sigh. I very recently heard the song on the film and thought it was good singing for a White woman.

Now hearing her (Lulu) after Al Green is painful. It might still be good singing for a White woman but geez Al Green blew her out of the water. I could see White folk hating us just for this.

Thanks Sister

16. No white singer can ever compare to our vocal chords. In fact, they ALL strive to sound like us.

17. There TRUTH be told. :p

Lulu’s version is very lackluster. Al Green brings soulfulness to lots of songs. For example the BeeGee’s H ow Do You Mend A Broken Heart. And Al Green’s version. Al Green’s version is so much better. He is a soul and r&b legend.

19. I love Al Green. His music was so soulful and raw! I love Motown and I wish that there was more R&B acts like him instead of the Trey Songz and Justin Biebers of my generation.

20. Forced Reality on said:

DOAN,

So true!

21. Sangoma on said:

Sistar Negress! You ain’t said nothing but the bold, undeniable, unrefutable truth. Our soul is entirely too much for the whites, which is part of why they are driven to co-opt it and/or destroy this holy, sacred soul force and make us believe we are lil waynes. Who of “them” can transmit Creator Force, Soul Force, like Bros. Donny or Al or any countless other Originals. robin thicke? justin bieber? Going back. tom jones? Pleeeez! ROTFLMBO

22. Umoja on said:

I love, love, love Al Green. I’m a Motown girl; when music was music. I saw him in concert years ago; I wish I’d seen him sooner when he wasn’t a minister. He talked most of his songs instead of singing and the majority of his chosen songs were gospel. Yet, I still have a place in my heart for him.

23. Reblogged this on Moorbey'z Blog.

24. Love this song! Lulu’s version is great, but I was mesmerized by the soulful voice of Al Green.