More Black Survival Tips

As you know, Hurricane Sandy obliteraed parts of NY, NJ, CT and PA. I had no lights or heat in the freezing PA winter for 6 days and nights. If not for my wood burning stove…

Then the PLANNED Boston attacks happened and Martial Law took effect. My ex-coworker from Auburn, MA email me to tell me that it’s finally happened: A police state has arrived in the Divided Snakes.

Martial Law Excercise in Effect

Martial Law at your front door

Planning well is the first step towards survival. It is better to have more than you need and not use it, than to need it and not have it. The other day, I went out and saw a garage sale down the street from my house. Curiosity won over and I pulled over to glance at any items I may need to stock up on.

Then I saw this:

Butterfly Stove

What’s that you ask?

It’s called a Butterfly Kerosene Stove. It’s easily assembled and is very fuel efficient. I got this little puppy used, but in great condition, for a fraction of the cost! The owner was all too happy to part with it especially since he brought a huge portable stove on wheels that runs on cooking grease. I researched this little stove and it’s amazing what it can do. I decided I needed an oven to bake muffins and biscuits and found this:

Camp Oven

It’s called a Campers Oven and it’s easily available on Ebay or Walmart. I got mine used and beat up at the Salvation Army for 7.00. I cleaned it up and coated it with a fresh coat of heat-resistant paint, you know, the kind you paint your grill with. The results? A pretty darn good-looking, almost new oven to bake my banana muffins in. I tested out the oven by toasting my homemade bread and it works very well. You just have to keep a keen eye on the oven temperature to avoid burning your baked goods. And no, my bread did not smell or taste like kerosene.

You can find the Butterfly stove on Ebay or Craigslist for super cheap. They come in 1, 2 or 3 burners and can withstand a heavy stock pot. Also, the single burner is PORTABLE and fits easily in your trunk. I tested it out all week long with FULL, heavy meals like:

Soup

Oatmeal for breakfast

Grilled chicken

Brown Rice…

and it works like a charm. Please invest in one and buy some kerosene and stock it away. When the lights no longer come on, have you thought about how you’ll eat? Or feed the kids? Another great thing about this little gem is when shit hits the fans and your neighbours see smoke coming out of your chimney and they’re freezing and HUNGRY, what will you do when they show up on your doorstep asking to come in? With this stove, not one soul will know you can cook full, hearty meals! Sometimes the best way to hide is in plain sight.

By the way, this was the meal I made on my new kerosene stove:

Vegetable Stir fry

A yummy vegetable stir fry over brown rice.

The worse time to get prepared for an event is when the event is already taking place. Please research ways of cooking that do not require electricity.

30 thoughts on “More Black Survival Tips

1. They shut down Boston to see how fast they could shut down a city for future reference; martial law.

2. Hernie

Exactly. This was just a drill. They love to do these “exercises”, don’t they?

3. Negress,

Thanks for the survival tips, and for reminding me to get one of those kerosene stove.

BTW, that vegetable stir fry looks delicious!

4. ynotme

Thanks. It was shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, shallots and broccoli rabe.

5. Kinda reminds me of my easy bake oven toy from childhood lol. At alot of stores most things are electric nowadays.I remember when they had kerosene lamps that u had to light with a match now they have these dam battery rechargable ones. That food looks good and so does your floor lol.

6. mstoogood

Yes. Electricity has made us very dependent on the system. Please look into getting one, even a single burner. My floor is antique knotty pine. Glad you like it.

7. Pingback: More Black Survival Tips

8. Pingback: InnerStanding Isness | More Black Survival Tips

9. Umoja on said:

What I don’t get? Why stock-up if many are ordered to leave their homes as in Boston, Sandy Hook, and all the other frauds ? Many are directed to those FEMA camps or nothing is reported where they are ordered to go or if they’ve returned to their homes? I would hate to stock-up, ect, then have to leave my home indefinitely or never return as the case of Hurricane Katrina.

10. Umoja

I see your point. I do believe we’ll have an economic crash first, followed by hyper inflation then skyrocketing food prices.

This May help you to offset the cost of gas/ oil so you’ll survive a bit longer.

11. Well the beauty of this is that you can take it with you. Also, you never know if, they’ll say stay put or get in your car and leave. It is nice to have the option of taking things with you and using them even if you are forced into a Fema camp. Also, have hiking backpacks ready with stuff. If, you can when they call it early get out like some did wtih katrina.

I would also suggest a tent, wind up radio, protalbe solar panals, all season hiking gear. Not al lot of people think to head out to the forest or parks to get away from the matial law squad or start heading to another state all together. Also, for your can while they are expensive will be worth it when it hits are run flat tires, back up gas, hidden cash, water for the car, backup battery. Also keep what you got in good running condition.

Doing thing so not to draw attention to yourself is important as in a crisis wp will be looking for your stuff. Best way to keep them out is to look like you are in worst shape then them. Never let them see you eat, don’t change cloths too often, even if, you don’t need it or would ever use it don’t forget to ask them for food and help other wise they’ll know you got something and come for your.

this means if, you are going to run your lights only do it where you need it and block the light from escaping your house otherwise they’ll know you have supplies and they’ll… Clear front entry way so there is nothing tempting in view when you open your door. Keep valubles out of sight. If you can cook and eat in a place where no one can smell or hear it.

12. honeytreebee on said:

Food prices are getting crazy. Also, what to do when the power goes out and all of you meat and veggies start to spoil. It helps to hve jarred food, dried food, and either a back up generator to run so you can heep the food cold or solar panals to do that for you or a plan in place to save your meats and veggies.

We can be using some of this now to save money and off set the prices of everything else. Like growing and drying your own herbs for your self as they are so expensive at the store for such small amounts. Also, you can sell or give to family and friends.

Knowing how to make your own soap and personal products give you control over whats in them, is cheaper, and will be of great value when the markets become too expensive or supplies run short. You’ll know how to make it all on your own.

This also goes for house hold products. If you can make it cheaper and have some on hand as backup you’ll be better off when the system breaks. Also, learning how and where you can use grey water so as to cut down on your water use in times of trouble.

There are so many things you can do if you own a house. Like converting your toilets to make methane gas so as to have your own source of gas off of the grid. Solar power, wind power, back up generator, and much more. When the system falls those with these types of skill will be the most valueble people. No one is gonna care about corpirations, paper pushing or money. Even gold if, you don’t have it hidden on you will be worthless cause you won’t be able to get to it and when things come back those pieces of paper most likely will not be honored.

Knowing how to mill, bee keeping, food making, glass making, and the like is what will save the day and get you by and even some protection.

13. Black survival?? I should sue for copyright infringement.lol Just kidding,great post. 🙂

14. soforeal on said:

nice.

15. Great job! Yes, the war is on US. Anyone can test what they need for survival, by just turning off their electricity and gas, for ONE week. Those who need more of a challenge can also turn off their tap water supply. Just one week of non-convenience, and take notes of all that is required to live ‘comfortably’ still. Those used to watching tv or playing video games need to know that they might become ill, as their brain no longer gets sedated by the radiation waves. (Do not panic. Just sit down, do not move, and stare at the floor or a tree.) When that is processed, it is time for the next test.
    The next step is to turn it all off for TWO weeks, and notice how much worse things get. The difference is exponential. Now, it will become crystal clear what is needed for survival. And it is better to know how much so now, than to wait for step-Uncle Sam to come to your town for a ‘drill’, and cut you off. Enough said? Be careful with that kerosine.

16. honeytreebee on said:

No Black Pete

Great advice. I would suggest eventually drawing this out for a month. Also, having thihgs like a stock pot and knowing how to compost and breat down waste is a great idea for using up those products and staving off having to get more supplies. Also, has anybody though about a secrect garden? back in the day black folks used to have them so as not to run out of food and in case you were ever raided you would have another source of food. Just a thought.

17. Pete

Great tip! We were in darkness for 6 days. We planned well so we were “comfortable” if you can call it that. But 2 whole weeks? Perhaps the biggest issue would be water. Did you know that our Govern-Nazi prohibited collecting water on your own property?

Yes. It’s true.

You cannot collect rainwater anymore without paying a fine.

18. Matari on said:

Speaking of water – how would most people react to NO running (or otherwise) water to wash, cook or even flush their toilets.

My guess is that most people would give their right arm to willingly gain entry into a FEMA camp that has water. Or power, or food, or doctors, or whatever.

Just something to think about (preferably NOW instead of later).

It’ll probably be easier for THEM to control the LARGER population centers (ie NYC) than the smaller communities in more isolated areas – by turning OFF stuff or stopping things/stuff from getting in – when the SHTF.

So, think, plan, prepare as you pray for God’s peace and God’s instructions.

19. wow that is crazy.Lucky for me i live in texas and they actually give you incentives for rainwater harvesting. We just had some major rain last night.I need to start collecting water to drink and water my plants.I see they still put flouride in the dam water. When my family visits pennsylvania i forget where but there is a water spigot that we get water from,i think the water comes from a creek up a hill.That water tastes better than bottled water and it was free.

20. Water and hygiene. They have polluted all our water, and now they want to tax (uh… fine) us for using chem trail rain water? That is some expensive chemical water! I am still waiting to see how they are going to directly tax (uh… fine) us for sun and moon light. That reminds me: I haven’t seen stars in months!

21. Umoja on said:

I’ve decided and already begun to stock-up on dry foods. Any foods in need of refrigeration or having to “cook”, I pass by. I wouldn’t put it pass the govt’ to turn off all electricity, gas, water, etc….they intend to starve us out. Kill us….genocide. Force us to leave our homes. And they intend to force us to depend on them for “survival”; which is by means of an intended new form of slavery. Everyone “chipped”, mind-controlled, killed, ect. All those they consider “bottom-feeders” killed.
    It is intended that no one will be able to leave those states they reside in; you’re cars, vehicles…useless. Gas pumps….shut-down. Airports…shut down for personal escape, use, ect.. I believe, once we are in their hands….we’re doomed.
    I understand why many have resorted to going underground, including the elite and government officials. Here above ground will be a war zone….lifeless, death and chaotic. Many have purchased ammunition for this purpose. Don’t believe for once that whites will not kill Blacks on spot just for the sake of killing, and for the hunt of food.
    Our US govt’ are now training foreign military on our soil for Marshal Law. (Russians, Chinese, Germans, ect) Why? They feel that our own people will have a hard time infiltrating Marshal Law and the killing of their own.
    I witnessed a huge convoy of large military trucks on the free-way 3 summers ago, on a sunny day…it was so long (30 plus trucks, including those trucks used for cargo) that I thought for sure this would be reported on the news. It stuck out like a sore thumb….nothing reported. FYI….there’s no military base in Ohio. I’m sure there is one now.
    You watch the “Matrix”? Which is played continuously for months now by the way. Dr. Phil Valentine always said, watch television for one reason—take note, they’re revealing what “they” intend to do. All sequels of the “Aliens” have been playing month after month also. I know all cast members lines now for Pete’s sakes!!

22. By the time I hit two weeks out in the cold, people were looking at me in amazement (or hidden scorn). I still do not refrigerate my food. It is going to be a big shock to people when they can no longer just walk up to the fridge and pull some GMO junk out. Still, the main problem is always water. The body cannot survive without it. Look at Haiti: to not drink water polluted by the UN was to die fast(er) than cholera could kill them.
    I am willing to use left over organic food and bits to add to bought poison-free compost. But I have an issue with using my own stool. My body got rid off the junk once, and that should be it. There is dog crap lying around everywhere in this country, so when times get hard, I can poop scoop that. (Would the white Petes resort to eating their own beloved dogs?!)
    I do like the idea of having a hiding place for herbs, canned and potted goods, and the emergency stashes. Get a stack of second hand bibles that people would not care to touch anyway, and hide the food behind it.

23. honeytreebee on said:

Pete there are toliets that the water and stuff go into a tank with microbes that break down the stuff to for methane gas that is used to run your gas stove and in finnland they use it nationally as part of their power system for the country. Also, you would have to compost that waste. There are microbes in soil that would eat it neutralize it and make it ready to use again. Remember nature knows no waste sometimes though she needs a hand to expidite things.

24. kowaba on said:

Thank you for writing this post! I need to continue planning and preparing more thoroughly for the rough times ahead.

25. Kowaba

Most welcome! Stock up if you can.

26. This just a test!

wait til they doing thier real evil on us(black people)

27. Matari on said:

@ Everyone

Doing your own survival experiments to discover “discomforts” is a cool idea, but it won’t give the full REAL experience… which is how the other tens and hundreds of thousands, or MILLIONS of — other — UNPREPARED & ANGRY people are GOING TO REACT — in general panic/chaotic situations when the SYSTEM BREAKS… and remains broken.

Life isn’t going to be nice, simple, logical or orderly. The people across the street or across the hall aren’t going to be their normal happy, smiley friendly selves once their fridges and cupboards are empty and their toilets aren’t flushing!

Even friends and families will “shift” into survival mode. Desperate, broke, unemployed, hungry people are going to reassess who the most important humans in their lives are. Many will sell you out, or worse, for much less than 30 pieces of silver – if given the opportunity.

If “some” so-called friends and family can/will do bad things to you imagine what many strangers could/might do if they suspect you have anything pertaining to THEIR survival.

You *may* have to go around looking, smelling and sounding like those around you.
    Or make yourself low key, inconspicuous and unnoticeable (INVISIBLE) as possible

Just wanting our family here to think on these things so that no one is caught unaware.

Plan for the worst, hope and pray for the best!

28. Matari

Hurricane Katrina was a great lesson to be learned for blacks throughout the diaspora. I was in Mobile, AL and whites were encouraged to harm us. In fact, they planned it.

29. Matari on said:

” I was in Mobile, AL and whites were encouraged to harm us. In fact, they planned it.”

********

Dear Sister TRUTH:

In response to your above statement I’ve assemble a few quotes from our indomitable (because his spirit is STILL ALIVE and WELL amongst many in the land) brother Malcolm:

“We declare our right on this earth…to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.”

“Our objective is complete freedom, justice and equality by any means necessary.”

“The day that the black man takes an uncompromising step and realizes that he’s within his rights, when his own freedom is being jeopardized, to use any means necessary to bring about his freedom or put a halt to that injustice, I don’t think he’ll be by himself.”

“Concerning nonviolence: It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law.”

“Last but not least, I must say this concerning the great controversy over rifles and shotguns. The only thing I’ve ever said is that in areas where the government has proven itself either unwilling or unable to defend the lives and the property of Negroes, it’s time for Negroes to defend themselves. Article number two of the Constitutional amendments provides you and me the right to own a rifle or a shotgun. It is constitutionally legal to own a shotgun or a rifle. This doesn’t mean you’re going to get a rifle and form battalions and go out looking for white folks, although you’d be within your rights – I mean, you’d be justified; but that would be illegal and we don’t do anything illegal. If the white man doesn’t want the black man buying rifles and shotguns, then let the government do its job. That’s all.”

“You don’t have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is to be an intelligent human being.”

“If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary.”

“The price of freedom is death.”

“Respect me, or put me to death.”

“I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it is for or against.”

30. honeytreebee on said: