Aspartame: A Byproduct of White Greed

artificial sugar

Did you know that Aspartame was banned by the FDA twice? How is this product legal now?

The bittersweet argument over whether Aspartame is safe or not has been going on for a long time. On one side, we have medical evidence that suggests we should avoid using it and on the other side we lean on the FDA’s approval that suggests it is safe. Since generally that seems to be the factor that many continue to hold trust based upon, I thought we could look into the Aspartame story to find out how it came to be accepted as safe by the FDA. You would think that something so widely used and so well accepted would have quite the pristine story leading to its acceptance. I imagine one will discover otherwise after reading this post.

Aspartame

Aspartame

Aspartame

It all starts in the mid 1960′s with a company called G.D. Searle. One of their chemists accidentally creates aspartame while trying to create a cure for stomach ulcers. Searle decides to put aspartame through a testing process which eventually leads to its approval by the FDA. Not long after, serious health effects begin to arise and G.D. Searle comes under fire for their testing practices. It is revealed that the testing process of Aspartame was among the worst the investigators had ever seen and that in fact the product was unsafe for use. Aspartame triggers the first criminal investigation of a manufacturer put into place by the FDA in 1977. By 1980, the FDA bans aspartame from use after having 3 independent scientists study the sweetener. It was determined that one main health effects was that it had a high chance of inducing brain tumors. At this point it was clear that aspartame was not fit to be used in foods and banned is where it stayed, but not for long.

Early in 1981 Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld (who is a former Secretary of Defense.. surprise surprise) vowed to “call in his markers,” to get it approved. January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan’s inauguration, Searle took the steps to re-apply aspartame’s approval for use by the FDA. Ronald Reagan’s new FDA commissioner Arthur Hayes Hull, Jr., appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry’s decision. It did not take long for the panel to decide 3-2 in favor of maintaining the ban of aspartame. Hull then decided to appoint a 6th member to the board, which created a tie in the voting, 3-3. Hull then decided to personally break the tie and approve aspartame for use. Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, served briefly as Provost at New York Medical College, and then took a position with Burston-Marsteller. Burstone-Marstella is the chief public relations firm for both Monsanto and GD Searle. Since that time he has never spoken publicly about aspartame.

It is clear to this point that if anything the safety of aspartame is incredibly shaky.  It has already been through a process of being banned and without the illegitimate un-banning of the product, it would not be being used today. Makes you wonder how much corruption and money was involved with names like Rumsfeld, Reagan and Hull involved so heavily. In 1985, Monsanto decides to purchase the aspartame patent from G.D. Searle. Remember that Arthur Hull now had the connection to Monsanto. Monsanto did not seem too concerned with the past challenges and ugly image aspartame had based on its past. I personally find this comical as Monsanto’s products are banned in many countries and of all companies to buy the product they seem to fit best as they are champions of producing incredibly unsafe and untested products and making sure they stay in the market place. { Copied from the truth about aspartame }

Black Family,

I’ve done my own digging into this substance and found that this “chemical” causes:

Blindness

Bloody Stool

High Blood Pressure

Diabetes

Lupus

Alzheimer’s Disease

And Death!

In the wise words of Dr. Afrika, “Anything white is bad for the Afrikan.”

45 thoughts on “Aspartame: A Byproduct of White Greed

1. I think hung said it best – “Nothing but creek water and roots…” right?

I was raised on diet soda, here in Iowa all everyone drinks is diet dew, diet pepsi, diet dr. pepper, some more diet dew, and to wash down the diet dew 44 oz big slurp we rinse with a 24 oz can version and before bed – for good measure, get a few sips of a Monster. In the last obesity study I glanced over we were ranked in the top 10 states……. just a coincidence right?

I’ve researched Aspartame several times in my young adult life and the most common denominator that I ‘ve found via various alternative health forums is that it makes the appetite insatiable, so not only is it toxic in and of itself it also sets off sugar cravings because the brain thinks that it’s set to get all of the glucose and other chemicals that would normally be there for something that tastes so sweet.

However…. when they don’t hit something in the brain triggers the appetite and then you find yourself wolfing down an entire 8 pack of Reese’s peanut butter cups, (which you also got for .99 cents along with the 1.00 1.5 liter Diet Dew at Wal-Mart). Pair that up with the magic of high-fructose corn syrup and you have a diet deal made in Hell.

I’ve been lucky and blessed enough to have near perfect health asides from a single molar that came in sideways when I was little and being chunky during my early teen years. Since I quit smoking last April (5 more days makes a year) it’s been my goal to gradually bring myself down to less than a 2 liter in a week and I’m getting closer with each day.

That said it’s better to be safe than sorry and consume none. Since coming to your blog I’ve been transitioning myself to downing a gallon of water from the store daily (pipes in my apartment are….. “off” otherwise I’d get a filter)

Posts like these help us stay in shape – thanks Truth.

2. @Bry and Truth….Aspartame is just the surface poison they use to get you. If you work on getting rid of that there are other ways they get to practice population control through food. For instance, when in 1979, i discovered an obscure book in a local Library in a Khazaar neighbourhood, called 100,000,000 guinna pigs, which details the dangers of poisons in our foods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100,000,000_Guinea_Pigs).

Several years ago I read a book called Sugar Blues, a book which details the effect of the “most dangerous drug in the 20th century” (http://www.amazon.ca/Sugar-Blues-William-Dufty/dp/0446343129) and is so prevalent in everything you consume that if you don’t become a vegan and grow your own stuff, you cannot escape it. Now today they are using beaver balls as artificial sweeteners and placenta as food enhancer. This is another great health post that hopeful will get people to educate and prepare themselves against global genocide and the depopulation of the planet.

3. blackmystory on said:

4. Bry

May I contact you privately?

5. Blackmystory

Sugar Blues is on my reading list. As for growing your own food, we do that every year in our backyards, front yards, patios, etc. I have seedlings on my windowsill right now waiting to be transferred into a pot when this frost eases up.

As for meat, we’re about 90% vegetarian. I hope to ease into 100% soon. I even gave up eating eggs.

6. Sure, may be a while before I respond though spent all morning cleaning – about to pass out till class this afternoon/evening.

7. honeytreebee on said:

It’s long, but take a look.

8. No wonder they have been pushing out STEVIA for so long. No one knew about this natural alternative to this evil Aspartame. Now they are selling Stevia very cheaply by adding maltodextrin to it to add as bulk. This is another poison for our system. Maltodextrin is just as bad as aspartame. They just can’t leave our food alone.

9. blackmystory on said:

@charmain…I grew up a sugar addict…every child in this part of the world whose parents did not divest themselves from th shitstym did. But once we slowly remove ourselves from their kitchen, we wouldn’t even need stevia or any other “alternate”. Truth can testify to that, but it is a process that starts after becoming aware and moving tho that state. As Dr. O’Afrika said, food is emotion and Yurugu controls us emotionally.

Sis, please remove the extra post…I had a hitch posting originally that’s why there is two response. I don’t think I am ADHD 🙂

I think aspartame is like rat poison.

11. This stuff is in almost every diet or no sugar drink.Now they are putting stevia in everything,anything on that is it healthy?i sometimes use it in tea.
    Splenda is bad because we used to use it then we saw it killed ants and stopped using it. This stuff they put in food is bad it makes girls go through puberty faster,i see girls 12yrs old who look 17. Might as well just use sugar this other stuff is hard to pronounce and has long names that is a red flag.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwXlikoFrM THis guy talks about aspartame and other things they put in our food like fluride,cross species meat,lead,to sterilize ppl

12. Charmaine

Are you kidding me? Stevia is now poisoning us?

13. blackmystory

Yes…food is emotion. Did you know that my addiction to mint chocolate chip ice cream started after my painful breakup? It’s true. Whenever I’m feeling bad, I’d go to Baskin Robbins and gobble down a pint of mint chocolate chip and somehow, the chocolate “eased my pain.”

smh

Now, I won’t lie, I do have an ice cream cone, especially in the summer, but…it’s a LOT less than it used to be. In fact, my goal is to pass Baskin Robbins and NEVER feel the urge to go in.

14. blackmystory on said:

No problem Truth…we are all at such a spiritual low that when we encounter difficulties or experience pain, we seek an area of comfort that allows us to forget or bury the pain. The steps to healing ourselves is to first recognize and then have a series of steps to never go through this yo yo emotional up and down reaction.

As a side note, if you ever tried coconut ice cream, you should. It’s a nice experience:)

@Negress

I grew up drinking sodas like water all thru grade school and into middle school. I’m still feeling the effects of all the sodas. If i had known that sodas were as bad as they really are, i would not have drank so many, in hindsight.

16. Ty
    Garlic is a great healer. Try that.

17. Matari on said:

Charmain

I use NOW’s – Better Stevia (extract powder).
    This particular stevia product isn’t sold “cheaply,” though I wish it were.
    “NOW,” in my experience is one of the better known suppliers of quality health products. It’s not available in local grocery, foodstores.

Looking at the label of this vegtarian/vegan product I have on hand there is no mention of maltodrextrin or any other conspicuous ingredient.

Would you be kind enough to supply a link ..?

Thanks.

18. soforeal on said:

@negresso

can you do a future post on beef? our people should
    not be eating beef, because it shuts down the melanin and keep
    us in a zombie like state. thats one of the weapons they
    use against us.the cow is sacred it should never be eaten
    that stuff keeps us asleep.

19. The dangers of aspartame poisoning have been a well guarded secret since the 1980s. The research and history of aspartame is conclusive as a cause of illness and toxic reactions in the human body. Aspartame is a dangerous chemical food additive, and its use during pregnancy and by children is one of the greatest modern tragedies of all.

Why haven’t you heard about aspartame poisoning before? Partly because the diet industry is worth trillions of American dollars to corporations, and they want to protect their profits by keeping the truth behind aspartame’s dangers hidden from the public. When NutraSweet was introduced for the ‘second’ time in 1981, a diet craze revolutionized America’s eating protocols and a well-oiled money machine was set into motion changing modern lifestyles.

After more than twenty years of aspartame use, the number of its victims is rapidly piling up, and people are figuring out for themselves that aspartame is at the root of their health problems. Patients are teaching their doctors about this nutritional peril, and they are healing themselves with little to no support from traditional medicine.

20. soforeal on said:

they trick people with that zero calories garbage on those commercials
    and they buy it up not knowing about the aspartame.

21. @soforeal
    Bingo! You said it!

22. honeytreebee on said:

Yeah I went to trade joes to pick some up and read the lable on the back and it had lactose in it! I can’t have lactose! Now I just get my own stevia leaf and I have a good friend that grows it so I steap it in my tea or by itself for other things to use later. Yeah, stevia is supposed to be green not white. White powders should be looked at with a wary eye.

The problem with meats such as beef is what is done to them. Beef by itself is not bad. Remember our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate meat. The difference is that their meat was not tainted with chemicals the way our meat is today. There are some local markets and online stores that sell grass-fed meats such as beef, lamb, veal, chicken, etc. From what I understand, once you try organic meats, you will never want to go back to the crap they call meat in the grocery stores.

24. soforeal on said:

holdtight. gotta go for a walk. lol

25. I think we all have to be wary of these “white” powdered substances and either develop a new way of eating if we love sweet. We can just go with the natural alternatives, like dried fruit in your porridge, the natural plant Stevia, and other natural alternatives that have not been tampered with. Watch Dr. Laila Africa’s videos on the evils of sugar.

26. I’m a bit off topic here but to address Mickey’s statement about organic meat still remains a problem. If the growers/farmers decide to just grow animals on just grass they don’t grow fast enough to sell and make money so they have to inject with something. You have to understand this is a money making business because of greed. Those grass fed animals will not grow fast enough to bring the money in so they have to pump them up with steroids and everything else to make them nice and fat and plump. I saw a show on Dr. Oz where they were discussing organic meats and free run chicken. All these farmers have to do in order for the food industry to label their product free range, or free run, organic is to just have the animal stand in the pen with access to outside but some of those animals don’t necessarily go out, they just need to have that access and they are qualified to label their products free range or organic chicken, beef, turkey etc., We are still eating the same crap but spending more of our money because they have duped us into thinking we are getting the best. Back then when our ancestors ate meat it was probably good, but not anymore. Beef anyone??

27. Soforeal on said:

they ate meat once in a blue moon and it had nothing to do with being hungry. the cow is sacred just ask some of the African tribes and also look at india.

28. honeytreebee on said:

Mickey You are so right!!! Greass fed and wild caught are the best sources of protein out there we are hunter gathers and hunter comes first for a reason.

29. Soforeal on said:

that was a time when our civilizations was coming to and end and things were drying out. our ancient ancestors didn’t mess with meat like that, and if they did, it was once in a blue moon for a spiritual purpose, when you eat these meat you take on the animals spirit and energy also you know they are killing these animals in the most vile and heinous way, so these animals take on a negative energy. how do you think our people are going to vibe once they ingest this? i say stay away from any kind of beef that stuff is not for us. the only reason why some of our people in tribes or just regular people over in Africa are eating meat is because we have taken on the European way of eating, and also the Europeans destroy their crops so they resort to eating animal flesh. white people be sending helicopters of GMO foods over their and the people are trying their best not to eat it, they even throw stones at the helicopters, there is a group over in the mother land killing white folks they have woken up to the bullshit and will not take whitey poisoning them anymore.

30. Soforeal on said:

@Mickey

And one more thing. the black god Vishnu told us about not eating the cow. these meats are hard on our bodies because we are special kind of people.

31. honeytreebee on said:

Chairmain

This is why you must visit the places you get your meat from. I get mine from a small farm and yes it is expensive, but I go in with others and we buy a cow that is raised W/O the steroids and I can tell cause i had it tested and and when I first did this I visited often to check up on them. It is affordable if you do it with a family or group of some sort. So once a year I get my red meat by the bulk and it is not fat at all it is quite lean which is a big difference over even the organic meats inthe store which is usually mass organic meats which is chemical light. That is why I go small farm only for my meats. As for the eggs pasture raised and meats it is not the same as cage free pasture raised means they must be outside all day long foraging for at least 90% of their food and the rest is organic seed. Again I get mine from small farm once a month and some months there are no eggs cause the chicken just didn’t produce enough to sell. The meat like the organic veggies in the store are only chemical light. It is best to get your produce from your own garden or a trusted farmer. Yet even then if, you neighbor sprays it will drift into your yard and if, your soil is malnourished so will your veggies be and so will you.

Living whre I do I am luck to have access to a forest and to be able to hunt which is even better as they are growing wild in nature yet our forest are not what they should be either. Eating is not without risk regardless of what you eat. As for Dr. OZ I don’t put much faith in what he says as i do believe he has something to sell.

32. That’s how all of the wealthier white folks here in IA buy their meat. My grandparents definitely aren’t hard up for money and every year they hand pick 1-2 cattle and that lasts them an entire year.

I know that they know the jig is up since they started dropping off excess to my mom and aunt.

One more thing for me to give up I guess. I’ve always known mass produced meat is garbage but I try to at least stick to the 93% + lean cuts and only eat ground turkey instead of beef.

Didn’t realize it till now but I’ve basically jettisoned all “lunch meats” from diet in the past year, it’s another one of those things that everyone knows in the back of their minds is pure poison but the price increase in choosing something healthier is a hard thing to bear in this economy, or maybe it’s the spirit steering me away.

We have a rendering plant here in Des Moines, and at least once per year they end up having an accidental fume release….. words can’t even describe the stench – and that crap makes its way into so many of our children’s lunches….

Makes me wanna just scream at times. This world is so sick and fucked up.

33. honeytreebee on said:

That is because they also made bone broth which means you cn reduce you need for meat by half. Alot of atives of here and all over the world didn’t want farmed meat but would rather hunt for it as the quality was so high that your protein meeds were met for a very long time. Also the the organ meat was prized as it holds the most nutrition and only small amounts were needed at a time.

Also what wasn’t used was given back to the earth and reassorbed. The cycle has been breaking down for quite some time as the earth itsef eats flesh and blood. Think about a wolf or lion kill and all that is fed and what the earth does with the rest. That is why eggs shells, bones, and even animal dung enrich the soil. All of those microbes living there are getting fed. Once fed they give support and life to other things growing and they cycle continues.

We think we are at the top of the food chain, but when we die we feed the earth and the microbes that we can’t even see. So the cycle continues every thing and one has their time here and when we die we make room for others and become their life affirming sacrament. When a tree or other plant is planted over a grave do you think that the tree doesn’t use that food source? If, you eat the apple off that tree are you not eating that which the apple ate? You are what you eat is that only true for humans?

All is sacred is taking life to continue in this life wheather it be produce or meat should never be taken for granted. Meat was looked upon as medicine once and was thought to being one closer to the collective spirit of the unitity of all as it aknowledge life, death and rebirth and an acceptance of this cycle. My journey to get to where I am now has been a long one and i was once a vegan for a very long time and I was thinking that while I was in the midst of it there was very little that could have convinced me that there was any other way of being. Yet, here I am wiser for the journey.

34. honeytreebee on said:

soforeal,

A lot of Gods and people shun certain meats for certain reasons. In certain regions certain paracistes that are specific to that animal are hard for the people to deal with. Some parasites we do not rid ourselves of easily other pass right through us and we don’t even know about them beacuse we are not vunreable to them. We are more prone to them when we farm and have them in very close, routine contact with us for long peroids of time.

It is with good reason in India that they do not eat the cow. They drink the milk and eat the butter, cream, and make yogurt. This is liquid meat. Yes when you breast feed your child you are giving them liquid meat and the same holds true for cows milk too. Milk is animal protein and in India there are lots of milk drinking vegs. over there and butter is in almost every thing. Most of us are can’t digest lactose the sugar found in milk so, they ferment it and make ghee with it to get off the sugars. However, it is still animal protein and fat.

35. Soforeal on said:

shit. i done messed around yesterday and had some pineapples, i haven’t had any in about 3 years. man, when i ate that thing i wanted to put my foot in somebody’s ass, if i was a women i would’ve been orgasm in this mothafucka that stuff was delicious. i started having flashbacks of the last time i had some. shit made me wanting to chest bump somebody it had me like that girl in that movie when harry met sally.

36. soforeal on said:

lol liquid me. i was just putting out some of the stuff our ancestors said about meat. but i hear you though also we started developing these low level eating traits when Africa was dry and the earth was going through a transformation we went into a state of dormancy the way we eat now is that of the European. if you want to continue this do it later on lol i want to go do my YOGA.

37. John E. Garst, Ph.D. (Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Nutrition) on said:

Any safety argument against aspartame is completely ignorant. Over 90 regulatory authorities worldwide have examined aspartame and over twenty+ years found no safety problems when used as directed. So you don’t believe them, believe the facts.

Aspartame is degraded in the GI tract to its three constituents, phenylalanine, aspartate and methanol. Phenylalanine and aspartate are found in greater concentrations in normal foods, like milk and meat. Wurtman completely refuted his own earlier, but widely cited allegation, that phenylalanine or aspartame caused any problem with their conclusion: “Large daily doses of aspartame had no effect on neuropsychologic, neurophysiologic, or behavioral functioning in healthy young adults,” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9734727.

Only methanol amongst aspartame degradation products presents any risk to normal people and, since all risk is dose-dependent, at the concentrations involved, methanol presents no risk. Methanol is oxidized to formaldehyde and formate–both are chemically directly converted by the (tetrahydro)folate vitamin system into very valuable methyl groups. These substances and the methyl groups produced detoxify really toxic homocysteine (see Wikipedia) and protect DNA (by converting uracil to thymine). For more on this cycle see the figure at the top of p 3000 here, http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/14/12/2999.full.pdf+html.

To reiterate the point that formate and formaldehyde pose little risk at the doses involved, note that they are [quoting another] “produced in the body during the endogenous demethylation of many compounds, including many foods [fruit juices] and drugs. For example, the demethylation of the caffeine found in one cup of coffee produces 30 mg of formaldehyde (Imbus, 1988). Formaldehyde is essential in one-carbon pool intermediary metabolism. The metabolite of formaldehyde, formic acid, is a substrate for purine nucleotide synthesis (Sheehan and Tully, 1983). It can be calculated that more than 50,000 mg [that’s 50 g] of formaldehyde is produced and metabolized in an adult human body daily and that an adult human liver will metabolize 22 mg of formaldehyde per minute (Clary and Sullivan, 1999). Consequently, it is quite clear that the formaldehyde from aspartame provides a trivial contribution to total formaldehyde exposure and metabolism in the body” (p 18 in and refs from http://www.fte.ugent.be/vlaz/Magnuson2007.pdf).

So any issue with aspartame is a purely PERSONAL issue. ALL these can be explained by PERSONAL matters like folate deficiency and corollary issues (both known and some likely yet unknown) like genetic folate enzyme issues (polymorphisms, Wikipedia: methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase), B12 deficiency (often vegetarian-related), (genetic) methionine synthase enzyme issues, and/or (genetic) homocysteine accrual. Folate, B12, and homocysteine are all functionally interrelated (see the metabolism of folic acid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12). All involve not just the normal, natural recycling of otherwise essential formaldehyde and formate produced from methanol into methyl groups, but the availability of these methyl groups regulate vital-to-life (DNA) itself. Ethanol (primarily through its antagonist metabolite acetaldehyde) is also known inhibitor of these vital folate reactions. So in these borderline cases of aspartame sensitivity, alcohol consumption may be a prime factor explaining any increased sensitivity to aspartame as well. Realize ethanol, not methanol, is the cause of fetal alcohol syndrome, and ethanol is a documented factor in facilitating many cancer types, for example http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22218157 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16508294.

Critics suggest aspartame causes about every ill effect known to man claiming some 92+ symptoms. Analysis of these, however, directly links all of these issues to the above described personal issues. In what I have written above I note that various folate, B12 and related issues better explain any problems with aspartame. This year’s Norwegian autism study, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23403681, only confirms the current importance of the deficiency issue, but those results may also reflect the fact that most of Europe still has not mandated folate fortification. But this isn’t particularly surprising both in view of methanol’s requirement for folate for metabolism, but also because folate uptake into brain has been linked to childhood autism, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23314536.

Consider aspartame’s most widely reported issue, migraine headaches. Migraines have been linked directly to the MTHFR C677T folate polymorphism (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19619240 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19384265). Both papers report complete resolution of these migraines with added folate alone. These investigations revealed that more than the normal daily recommended amounts are needed (2-5 mg), but in these papers increased folate doses ALONE solved the migraine problem [and aspartame was not even involved]. That alone suggests a human sub-population that is even more deficient in folate for which resolution of their symptoms requires even more folate. And that is confirmed by science; up to 40% of some populations have these genetic folate polymorphisms that require even more folate, but most don’t even know it. For more read http://download.cell.com/AJHG/pdf/PIIS0002929707614001.pdf?intermediate=true.

38. Dr. Garst

Do you know the reason why I allowed your comment to go through?

To show the black population , better than I ever could, who the enemy of mankind really is.

Thank you…again. I’m sure more of you will flock to us as we break away from your prison.

39. My point is really that people of all races can be and are often deficient in folic acid and related methylation vitamins or have health issues related to vitamin-mediated methylation. That is highly documented even in the black population,
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=African-Americans%2Cfolate .

Aspartame itself is perfectly safe used as directed in healthy people. If you want to make aspartame into a racial issue, it would seem the problem is really yours.

40. Kinda reminds me of Tim Wise. Walls full of words, half-truths as far as the eye can see, and convenient omissions delicately resting somewhere in the space between.

41. Bry

I call it the mis-education word salad.

42. Great post. I quit this stuff a long time ago. Corporations are only interested in profit. As long as they can sell it and make money they don’t care if it harms humans. And, President Obama just signed a bill into law protecting Monsanto from future litigation regarding their GMO foods. So, no one should count on the law to save them from these poisons.

43. EyesWideOpen on said:

White creatures = natural born deceivers like their father in hell, Satan.

44. @Dr Garst:

Dr. Garst, are you looking to get a leg over with the black women here or have you heavily invested in Aspartame? Whatever it is, this isn’t a hook up site, nor an investment site, fuck off!

45. larissa on said: