My New Hair Care Line

I’ve been formulating my hair care line for months. My goal is to take back our products from those who do not look like us. With the help of Jah, I finally did it! I have a few people to thank for their help:

My good buddy X, who single-handedly created my entire logo and graphics for the Ras Tafari Hair Salve:

X's Design

X’s Design

Beeswax hair pomade

Thanks X!

Miss Shaquanda Mattox, a very talented young woman who created my logo of the Afro-Silhouette-on-fire for my Ancestry Hair Creme. And X, who added graphics to give it a “finishing look”:

Shaquanda and X's Design

Shaquanda and X’s Design

Hair Yogurt

Miss Mattox, you are well on your way! And X, once again, great job! I smell great things in your future.

My mom and brother who gave me gallons upon gallons of oil and listened to me bellyache about my hardship with melted beeswax. LOL! Thanks guys!

And my readers and buyers, I don’t know how to say thank you for your support of black business. I truly appreciate you all.

Enjoy:

41 thoughts on “My New Hair Care Line

1. alegna on said:

Congratulations! How can I obtain…?

2. Alegna

Thank you! It was a long process. Please click on the red link under “enjoy.”

3. emile on said:

Go on Girl!!! (LOL!) Handle your business! Like I told you, you’re going places!

4. Be black,love black,buy black!
    I’m proud of you queen. I knew you could do it. Of course I wish you much success in all you do. Much love, your brother KP. ­čÖé

5. CONGRATS!!! You spoke it into existence!! That’s what I’m talkin’ bout! And the artists are fabulous! Wish them infinite success!! Now exactly what is the hair yogurt? And are either for locs?

6. Ignore my question, I see per usual, you explained it thoroughly on your product description. lol..

7. blackmystory on said:

You need to work out the shipping thingy to where I am real quick or I am gonna throw a tantrum ­čÖé

8. Thanks guys. I hope you like it.

You know I’m gonna get some hair stuff too.

Got some hair yogart thanx.

11. Miss Mary

Thanks again for the support. Did the tomato soap work/ help?

Yes, I think I am starting to see some results. Thanks. There are some natural hair sisters at work will share the hair yogart with them.

13. Miss Mary

I just want you to be healthy. I’ll add a little something for you to try when I send off your package.

Thanks for spreading the word.

14. Sincere on said:

That’s what I’m talking bout! Exploitation of me & my locks @the Asian ran hair slash convenient store stops today. Will be putting some money in ya pocket by midnight. Soaps, wax, yogurt: I’m on it!!! You The Truth, Truth.

15. Sincere

Thank you for the support.It’s time we took back our hair care products.

16. Umoja on said:

Don’t leave me out…..I’m on my way with my order. I just love dainty soap!! lol

17. SugarKiss on said:

Congrats on realizing your dreams! I will definitely support! ­čÖé

18. Sincere on said:

Is urbanfire all you or should I save this link to purchase your products only?

19. Can’t wait to get my hair yogurt, I’m 7-8 months into growing out a natural and I’m in dire need of something that can give me some moisture without weighing it down. All you need now are some good men’s colognes/scented oils and I’ll be good to go.

20. Amarie on said:

Congrats to you on the new hair care products. I’ve been using the tomato soap and I really like it.

21. Congratulations on your latest product! I will be checking it out.

22. Thanks for the support. Men’s scented oils, eh? Hmmmm..

23. Glad the tomato soap works for you. I just want us to be healthy.

Is it possible to get a small trial size for my coworkers?

25. Miss Mary

I shall add a small sample in your package.

26. honeytreebee on said:

I’m goona get some and tell others. Thanks

27. are you going to make lotions anytime because i need a moisturizing one for dry eczema skin.Does your oatmeal milk n honey bar work well for moisture or which one do you recommend.

28. Mstoogood

I have 3 for eczema;

Tea tree
    Birch tar
    Tomato

As for lotions, perhaps in the future.

29. Thanks truth i just placed my order and can’t wait to try these.

30. Miss too good

Much appreciated. I’ll ship asap. Yes, raw oats does help by sloughing off dead skin cells and the birch tar is what our ancestors used for pretty much everything.

Also, for eczema, watch your diet. Fried greasy foods tend to exacerbate skin eruptions. Doctors deny this but it’s a fact.

31. Ok, since you are taking recommendations…lol..what about organic deodorant? And something that will naturally even out skin tones/blemishes? lol..yeah, but I KNOW you can come up with it…

32. nmaat

Deodorant is already in our discussions. It’s just the formula that’s a killer. We want a unisex scent that that actually works.

Here’s the caveat:

We cannot market “anti-perspiration” because to stop perspiration, that would make it a drug. We’re ironing out the wrinkles. Hopefully soon…

As for lotions, in the future, if sales pick up overall, I have a loose idea of what to market.

We’ll see.

33. I know you will do it. So who’s the ‘guinea pig’ you are testing all this on? lol…

34. Nmaat

My family. Poor things…lol!

35. Negress are you shipping internationally yet? I would like to try some of your products!

36. Hernie

Sorry. Not yet. shipping to Canada would be expensive for me.I hope sales pick up by summer so I can expand and ship internationally.

As soon as I do I’ll let you know.

37. Cinnamondiva on said:

@negress…kudos to your business! I know it will be very successful. Have you tried Nubian Heritage products, available at Whole Foods?

38. Negress, have you heard of this natural way to relax or soften the hair? I don’t need it, but maybe somebody here who is on the fence can use it: http://thirstyroots.com/coconut-milk-and-lime-hair-relaxer-recipes.html

39. Sis Negress,

Congratulations on your hair care products! sorry for not responding sooner, but I was away for a few weeks. Anyway, I received the Ras Tafari hair salve a few days ago and was VERY, VERY pleased with the quality, effectiveness and price per quantity. This product embodies everything I’ve ever wanted in a hair gel/pomade. It leaves my hair very soft without actually weighing it down. Thank you for this wonderful addition to your business.

40. ynotme

Many thanks. Glad you like the product.