What’s in Your Cereal?

26 Sep 2012

By now, nearly everyone interested in healthy living is aware of the recent research linking Monsanto’s GMO corn to cancer tumors and an increase risk of premature death in both men and women. News of the research is spreading like wildfire across the ‘net, and support for Proposition 37 – which seeks to label GMOs in foods — is growing by the day.

But the media has not yet reported on the everyday foods being sold in grocery stores right now and made with Monsanto’s genetically modified corn (GM corn). Which foods are most likely to contain Monsanto GM corn? To answer this question, I visited a local grocery store in Austin, Texas and purchased 10 breakfast cereals made with high levels of non-organic corn.

According to the Center for Food Safety, up to 85% of the corn grown in the United States is genetically modified. This means corn-based cereals that use non-organic corn have a very high likelihood of containing GM corn.

The following list presents the top 10 popular breakfast cereals most likely to contain Monsanto’s genetically modified corn. For the record, none of these cereals claim to be GMO-free, nor made with organic corn. The exact GMO content of these cereals remains a mystery precisely because manufacturers of these cereals refuse to label them with their GMO content. This lack of full disclosure by the food industry underscores the urgent need for a labeling law so that consumers can make an informed decision.

Legal note: In no way are we claiming these cereals will cause cancer tumors to grow in your body or that they pose an immediate risk to your health. Those studies have not yet been done on humans. GM corn is an experimental crop with unknown long-term effects of humans. Breakfast cereals made with GM corn may turn out to pose a significant long-term risk to human health, but that has not yet been determined. This article is presented in the public interest, reflecting reasonable caution over a common food ingredient which French scientists have now convincingly linked to cancer and premature death in studies conducted on rats.

Cocoa Puffs and Corn Chex

Frosted Flakes and Honey Graham Oh’s

Honey Nut Chex and Kashi Heart to Heart

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and Kellogg’s Corn Pops

Kix and Barbara’s Bakery Puffins Peanut Butter

Which cereals contain no GMOs? Nature’sPath

There is only one brand of breakfast cereal I know of that’s 100% non-GMO and 100% organic across their entire product line. That company is Nature’s Path:

Natures-Path

If you buy breakfast cereal, and you don’t want to eat Monsanto’s GM corn, always choose cereals from Nature’s Path. This is my No. 1 most highly trusted cereal company.

Many “natural” brands that appear to be healthful and natural are actually not organic or GMO-free. For example, “Barbara’s Bakery” cereals are not organic. Although they are positioned in store shelves alongside other organic cereals, they are actually made with conventional crops grown with pesticides which may include Monsanto’s Roundup.

You may also notice that most of the cereals most likely to contain GM corn are children’s cereals. It is the children in America who are being fed the most GMOs. This represents a highly unethical food experiment being conducted on an entire generation, and the long-term effects of human consumption of GMOs are simply not known.

What we do know is that rats fed this very same Monsanto GM corn developed shockingly large cancer tumors.

The photo released by the French research team, showing large cancer tumors growing at a strongly heightened risk in rats fed a “lifetime” of Monsanto’s GM corn, is shown below. According to that study, 70% of females died premature and showed significant damage to their liver, kidneys and other organs.

{Source:http://www.naturalnews.com/037315_Monsanto_GM_corn_breakfast_cereals.html}

37 thoughts on “What’s in Your Cereal?

1. wow that is crazy.Good thing i don’t eat cereal although i used to eat frosted flakes now its oatmeal for me.

2. There was an article “debunking” that study on Discovery.

However I’m not inclined to believe it at all and I don’t think anyone else here should either. Living in Iowa where corn and health insurance (also a scam) are a huge portion of the population’s economy you come to realize that the corn lobby and all of the other farm organizations here are totally corrupt.

Over the past couple of years they’ve been running those BS “Corn Sugar” commercials nonstop and putting up billboards all over the place in an attempt to limit all of the bad publicity, but more and more people are waking up to the truth.

Doesn’t take an Ani or a Welsing to realize a shopping cart full of the stuff is going to send you to an early grave.

Another place a lot of people don’t realize where they get it from is tortilla or corn chips – Fritos, Generic Tortilla Chips, Ortega taco shells, etc.

3. Sorry but it’s oatmeal or bust fro me. I also love Meuseli, from Wikipedia:

‘Muesli can also be freshly prepared using either dry rolled oats or whole grain oats that have been soaked in water or fruit juice. Other ingredients commonly included are additional grated or chopped fresh fruit (e.g., bananas, apples, berries, grapes, mango), dried fruit, milk products (e.g., yogurt, cream, condensed milk, fromage frais, quark, cottage cheese, or nondairy milk substitutes), lemon juice, ground nuts, seeds, spices (especially cinnamon), honey and muesli mix.’

from Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli

I am not into those grocery store cereals.

4. Bry

Here in PA, the farmers are under the monsanto contract. If you do not grow your own fruits and vegetables, you don’t know what you’re eating.

I grow my vegetables from scratch yearly with my herbs. And i’m borderline vegetarian. My fear, and it’s a real one, is that the powers that be will cut off the wheat, rice and other grains that we need to survive.

Then we’re screwed.

5. Hernie

I love my oats too. I also like cormeal porridge.

6. Hernie

Never heard of it. It must native to your area. Sounds good though. Drizzled with marmalade. Or maple syrup.

7. I’m not losing sleep over this particular issue, just mildly anxious about all of this for two reasons.

1. I don’t think the entire system is plotting against us in terms of food, the entire system as a whole is on life support as nature itself is against the internal (personal) and external (environmental) sickness we all keep reinforcing. Left unchecked it’s probably going to remove nearly all of us via extinction level events over the next 20-40 years.

A good example would be the droughts from last summer, 2 or 3 more years like that and we’re talking the death of humanity via the disease and unsanitary conditions that kind of heat makes for.

2. You have to remember white people operate on the Giri So level – superficial disconnected thought. Their massive egos don’t allow them to stray from their mental masturbation for too long, so their attempts to bring pain on us and other peoples are nearly always punctuated with enough pockets for escape – should we be wise enough to listen for the spirit/ancestors and not fall into their traps/ways of thinking.

Just my .02 – I could be wrong though.

Damn, Not the Coco Puffs!

9. Pingback: What’s in Your Cereal? | Kemetix | Afrikan liberation information

10. Lol! Yeah…sorry.

11. Pingback: What’s in Your Cereal? | InnerStanding Isness

12. Reblogged this on revealingartisticthoughts and commented:
    😦 my cereals!

13. Bry

Good explanation.

14. Jesus H Christ Ms. Truth, messing with you we won’t eating anything but blades of grass and creek water. I have a box of Honey Bunches of Oats in my pantry right now, but after looking at them rats I would eat them than that cereals. This is the evil, evil world we live in.

15. Jesus

hehehe…

Sorry luv. They wanna kill us. Grow your own stuff if you can.

16. Make shure we stock up on our seeds because soon this world will only consists of genetically modified foods. I always buy fruits with seeds because without seeds life cannot carry on unless it’s genetically modified. They are forcing us to buy their seeds by doing this. This is how this world is going and there is nothing at all we can do about it unless we leave North America and go to the caribbean or some tropical place. Just my two cents on this.

17. Charmaine

I buy vegetables with seeds, scoop them out and dry them. Cantaloupe, tomato, cucumber…any seeded kind is good. Did you hear that the Evil ones have a “seed reservoir” of every seed known to man just for themselves?

18. Yup saw a documentary on it on TV. I think it was up North, (North Pole) or Russia I think.

19. honeytreebee on said:

The same stuff is contained in corn which is in drinks, and nongrain deserts that contain any kind of syrup. Also, cakes, breads think store breads or even bakery breads more so if white. Even comercial rice. I posted on this blog a clip on atrizine it is worth watching. Also, a lot of baked goods have human hair in it if, you see L cycstine on the package it has human hair in it.

They may not be trying to kill everyone directly since so many of them eat this crazy stuff too. But they sure don’t know what to eat if, they can serve this crap and think it is okay. It is challenging to find clean food, but anything else isn’t really food.

20. Soforeal on said:

never really messed with cereal anyway but nice to know.

21. These cereals have so much chemicals and GMO in them,you’re better off eating the box it comes in. It probably has more nutritional value anyway.lol

22. This is off topic, I apologize but Negress I’m sure you know about the many health benefits of coconut oil…I was astounded when I read this…

23. Nmaat

Thank you!

24. I too lovE Meuseli ( or some cereals called Meuslix, too)! It has been around forever, especially in the West Coast where I used to reside. Great stuff, indeed!

25. larissa on said:

At this rate, if I cut out all the harmful foods in order to avoid dying from poisoning, I’ll just end up dying from starvation.

26. honeytreebee on said:

LOL Larissa No you won’t buy grass fed meat make broth from healthy animals and eat lots of veggies from farmer you can trust. There are resources out there. Let me know if, you need help with that I’ll give you some.

27. larissa on said:

@Honeytree I would appreciate that thanks!

28. Sorry so late in getting back to you I.m doing some massive studying for a mid term, but once that is over I’ll flood you. Here are some sources for now.

Watch these.

Try this site it has a lot of information though I don’t advocate milk or pork for black folk. If you are gonna do dairy at least do this.

Also check out these sites

I know there are a lot of white people on these sites, but the knowledge that they pull from is ours. I did a lot of digging to find out and their studies all lead back to Africa and us. They are using our traditional diets albeit with milk and pork added, but the principals are still there. So, try not to get hung up on that. Let’s get well first and then start reestablishing our own.

29. honeytreebee on said:

Hey I’m having those troubles again and I can’t tell when my comment will or wont post. Larissa I’ll get back to you when I figure it out.

30. Honey

Since you posted more than 3 links, it required moderation. You are now visible.

31. larissa on said:

@Honeytree ok thank you so much!

32. Very informative post!

Most of the people I know (to my knowledge) think cereal is a safe food.

I am sending this link to all my email contacts.

Also, I would strongly caution all to be careful eating corn on the cob this spring and summer– as well as all corn products,

because I had an adverse reaction last year from what I believe was a toxic reaction to pesticides that resulted in a buzzing in my lower intestines for over two weeks.

33. @ hunglikejesus

I feel the same way, will be going through my pantry this week!

34. Miss Pam

Corn has been taken over by Monsanto. By buddy in W.I. told me that the farmers are strongholded into complying or they lose their farms.

@Negress

Is Monsanto trying to be the “Walmart” of agriculture? Any corporation that has a monopoly over an entire industry is dangerous. These companies are fascists in every way…they’re in bed with government. As we all know, that’s a bad mix. This story reminds me of the paranoia about chicken. Why are the chickens so big? Later on down the line folk realized that the baby chicks were pumped full of steroids and HGH(human growth hormone. Sistas know this very well…pre-teen black girls with bodies of an 18 year old, How? The food that was sold in our neighborhoods was polluted with all kinds of ish from the start. Sodas are no good, so-called beef is really horse meat, etc. Black people, be aware of the manufacturers who provide the food in the supermarket, your life could depend on it.

GoTeam

36. Another substance I look out for in cereal is High Fructose Corn Syrup. HFCS is a sugar substitute. Allegedly, it can cause weight gain and health problems.

I don’t trust the FDA at all. They regulate “organic” products. Do you really think the FDA is NOT white supremacist and cares about health of black and brown people?