A New Store: UrbanFire Organic Products

I went to the bank to apply for a business loan. Despite having stellar credit, I was denied. After looking into the face of the loan officer and seeing her joy at my disappointment, I trudged home with a heavy heart. On the way home, I looked at my neighbourhood filled with shops that carried “black products” but were run by non-black and white people. It was then that an angry fire burned within me. I decided right then and there that something had to be done.

After months of toiling, planning and praying, my family and I opened a humble shop on Etsy.com called UrbanFire Products. Our shop is a byproduct of love, determination and lots of sacrifice. We use fresh tea leaves and fruit juices right from my home garden.

Black man, we have not forgotten you. The organic cosmetic industry tends to focus on women, so I designed this just for you:

Kingdom: Men's Shaving / Body Soap

Kingdom is both a shaving and bath soap made with Cocoa and Shea Butter. For those who have special skin needs like Eczema, Acne, Psoriasis, etc…we designed Tea Tree Ginger:

Tea Tree Ginger Soap

And for those that can’t seem to get enough Chocolate:

Death By Chocolate Soap

{Yes, it’s made with real Dutch Chocolate}

We are currently working on a hair care line of pomade made with African Shea Butter and a line of natural deordorants made with beeswax. Come visit our store and support the community:

Let’s take our products back!

52 thoughts on “A New Store: UrbanFire Organic Products

1. CAN WE EAT THESE!!!

2. Lol! Ummmmm……no.

This I can do. I see several soaps I would like to purchase. I looks like desert. The cocoa soap and castile soap. And it’s very pretty too. Yes I will place my order. So all i have to do is just order like on amazon?

4. Miss Mary

Thank you. I’m glad you like the designs. Yes, you’ll need an Etsy account like Amazon, Ebay, etc..

5. Congratulations DOAN!!! I am s-o-o-o-o-o-o proud of you and wish you nothing but the very best of Success! We gotta win sometimes! LOLOL! The loan denial was just the right type of motivation we need to bring out the best in all of us. This is the resilience that exists in all of us. Your Spirit is the greatest asset that we have!

6. Emile

Thank you sir. The Most High works in mysterious ways. My spirit comes from you and the family who gives me motivation.

7. CONGRATS!!! In the spirit of the people in Papua, New Guinea who used their ingenuity and love for our people to come up with all kinds of nature made products..i love seeing black people being creative and stepping out on faith. I will pass on your site info and will definitely buy.

8. Nmaat

Many thanks for the support!

9. soforeal on said:

i can’t wait to dig in it look mouth watering.

10. Hopefully I will be getting my order soon. 🙂

11. Negress,

Congratulations on your new business venture! that dutch chocolate looks very, very appetizing. Are you sure it’s not edible?

12. Your Highness

Yes, my dear. On the way.

13. Ynotme

Are you and hunglikejesus related? Lol.

14. It’s possible…It’s a small world after all

15. We’re just used to eating things we shouldn’t. :p

Congratulations Sister.

We really need to Cooperate with one another. That’s my post tomorrow: What is Cooperation?

16. Thanks onitaset

Blacks in the US are the richest blacks in the world yet we have nothing to call our own. Why? Lack of cooperation, in fighting, envy and mistrust.

I’ll do my part to fight this evil system if it’s the last thing I do.

17. Amarie on said:

YAY! Congratulations on the opening of your store. I hope you get lot’s of orders. I gotta try that dutch chocolate soap:)

18. Amarie

Gracias.

19. Great just what i need more black products this makes me happy.

20. Try the Cocoa Butter soap. it’s always been a best seller.

21. I just got my soap this morning. I’ve already used it.It smells really good! Thanks a lot. I’ll probably be purchasing more in the future. 🙂

22. Just visited the shop. GORGEOUS soaps! I have never seen such craftsmanship in soap molds. I wish you the highest success and you can expect a large order from come payday! Will you also be creating any lotions in the near future?

23. arielle

thank you kindly.

Yes. Currently, we are working on:

1. A shampoo bar made with Shea butter and aloe
    2. Hair pomade with cocoa and shea butter
    3. Natural deodorants
    4. Lotions
    5. A tomato based facial soap for acne and dark spots.

We hope to be a fully functioning black cosmetic store.

24. Negress,

I received my oatmeal soap today, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I have very sensitive skin, prone to eruptions, so I am able to use very few face cleansing products. Well, this soap is a miracle worker. It didn’t dry out my skin like other oatmeal soaps have. I will definitely buy from you again. Thank you!

25. Ynotme
    I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for supporting the black business community.

Hey Sister, Just placed my order. Will be ordering more as gifts for family and friends.

I ordered the tea tree ginger soaps, cocoa butter soap. ballons baby soaps. I can’t wait to recieve them.

28. Miss Mary

Thank you for the support! I added an extra free one as a gift for your large order. I’ll ship them asap. Please spread the word to your friends and family. Soon I’ll be developing a line of hair care oil with Shea Butter and Castor Oil. And later…God willing, shampoo bars and deodorants made with beeswax.

I aim to please.

Thanks again.

I will be a customer and supports my brothers and sisters.

30. Congratulations on your business! I ALWAYS say that the way to true wealth is through entrepreneurship! BTW, I’m also working on a side gig of my own in the education field and so far, so good!

31. And I’ll be ordering soon too!

32. My good Dr.

Congrats on your endeavour. When you are finished,, let me know and I’ll promote you. We’ll communicate privately and work on the promotion details.

Thank you for the support!
    Please spread the word to many of us as possible so we can expand. I want black wall street on every damn corner if it’s the last thing I do.

33. “Great things have small beginnings.” It is so inspiring to see this type of economy going on!

34. Emile

Thank you. I hope to add my hair care line very soon.

35. Reblogged this on Wholeness 4 Love and commented:
    Support this Sister’s wonderful Natural Skin Care Business, brother’s she’s got you to with the natural shaving cream!

36. Thank you for the reblog!

37. Death by Chocolate must be your best seller 🙂

38. phoebes:

A few have ordered it but I keep getting more orders for the Cocoa Butter and Oatmeal. To further entice you, I’ll be coming out with 8 new bars in the next 2 weeks like:

Peanutty with real peanut butter and buttermilk
    Vanilla Fantasy
    And an acne soap made with real tomatoes and neem oil.

Stay tuned!

39. Those soaps look good! Do you ship to Canada? I am intrigued with the hair products, will they be shampoo bars? What do each bar weigh?

40. Hernie

For now, I only ship to the US. Hopefully black support will pick up and we’ll expand to international sales. The shampoo bar will be called Ancestry and scented with Frankincense and Myrrh. All bars are between 4-5 ounces unless stated otherwise.

Depending how well that does, I’ve got a beeswax pomade for Dreads, conks, bantu knots, etc…and shea butter creme for dry brittle hair.

Everything is depending on the black consumer. If I get good sales, we’ll market more products…and ship overseas.

41. I hope so. Right now I purchase shampoo bars and soap from a company in Ohio which is all natural. I would prefer to purchase from a black business which is supportive such as yourself. The soaps sound utterly divine. Good luck and much success so I can purchase some of your products. As for the storm it has already hit Toronto, the rest of the country is laughing at us as this type of weather is apparently par for the course for them. The laugh is on them if they have to put up with this weather constantly. Stay safe and warm!

42. Hernie

Thanks. I hope things will indeed pick up. Yeah..it’s getting pretty bad here. Once I was stuck in VT in a blizzard that lasted for 3 days!

That was a sight to see.

43. New Product Alert?!!!

44. nmaat

Yes. LOL! I just added 12 new ones.

Including one for severe acne and a shampoo bar made with clay. If things go well over the next few months with sales, I’ll introduce my hair care line. I shall write a separate post on my new additions but first I’ll plug my black business family.

45. I’ve already favorited the ones I’m gonna buy. You gon’ give Carol’s Daughter a run for her money. lol..she started the same way I believe. Love it!

46. Nmaat

hehehe

You know what’s funny? Whites eat this shit up in California, NY, The South, new England…they loooooove organic peanut butter, ice cream, clothing, even jam! Yes, they buy 15.00 jam at farmers markets.

So I thought, us colored folks need that too! Before you can walk, you gotta crawl, right? This little shop is one day gonna go global. That’s my goal.

47. We’ll get there. We r traumatized Sis. lol…but I am listening to Dr. Ummar Johnson on the Remix & the discussion is about RePatriation…I’m sure what you are doing would be phenomenal there…something to think about…and organic is BIG business esp. once people become hip to all the crap manufacturers put in store bought products–we don’t know really know we are putting on our skin & into our bodies.

48. Just got my order today, and thank you for the cocoa and castile samples!

I haven’t been able to try the Tea Tree Soap since my building’s water heater croaked last night, but I’ve given the Cocoa Butter about a hundred smells in the past 3 hours.

I have never.in.my.life. EVER liked the smell of Cocoa Butter – but yours is like something directly from God in heaven. Definitely ordering some more in the next few weeks, and I will definitely be spreading the word.

49. Bry

LOL!

Glad you enjoyed the smell. I aim to please. Thank you for supporting my endevour. Stay tuned, hair care products on the way…

Just purchased 2 tomato skin soaps.

51. Thanks again for the support.

52. Love your soaps. Great job ❤