The Aftermath of Destruction

Last night while the wind howled and lightning lit up the night sky, I fell, at last, into an uneasy sleep.

Trees torn from their roots and shingles scattered across the dirt roads, not one animal was to be seen.

Even they understood the meaning of fury. My grandmother came before me, wavering in and out of Spirit, to whisper an unfinished sentence…”White people are planning…”

A loud thud  awakened me and I never got to hear the rest of her statement. As I looked with hesitation at my neighbourhood, I was stricken to see darkness in the stark of morning, branches lying like twisted broken bones in the street and pieces of houses lying discarded and neglected.

Is this a  foreshadowing of a near future for us? Waiting like succulent lamb for slaughter?

Not one person can convince me that this storm was “normal.”

Frost, rain, snow, hail and 90 mph winds in the span of 12 hours? I wanted to chuckle as seasoned meteorologists became flabbergasted by this unpredictable storm they aptly named “Frankenstorm.”

One thing I’ve learned from careful observation of my enemies is the way they tell you the raw truth blanketed in colourful jargon.

Now that my nerves have calmed and my thinking is as sharp as ever, I only have one piece of advise for the family…

They have only just begun.

16 thoughts on “The Aftermath of Destruction

1. Nicely put with nothing but truth shining thru. Panther Love

2. Pingback: The Aftermath of Destruction « diaryofanegress « Innerstanding Isness

3. soforeal on said:

why they ain’t showing non whites on tv? hmm i wonder why.

4. They showed us in Atlantic city, the poor part, leaving and taking cover. Reminds me of Katrina.

5. soforeal on said:

lol in order for us to defeat them were gonna need mother nature on our side. black people better start getting in tuned with the ancestors.

6. Some people think some type of famine could be on the way. You never know.The great big famine that could be on the way does not include hunger alone but many and multiple elements. A poly-famine can include:

1. Failed economics: under or non-employment.
    2. War.
    3. Abandoned Governing: i.e. austerity measures & social program cuts.
    4. Natural devastation: floods, power outages, droughts, heat waves, etc.
    5. Unclean food chains: nasty water or unclean horti-agriculture.
    6. Diseases of any kind: TB, Meningitis, Hepatitis A – E, bird-swine flu, etc.
    7. Kingdoms or societies turned over to a more TREACHEROUS kingdom or society!

Do not take famine as a hunger problem because it goes much deeper than that! I think we all know what famine consist of but do we know the absolute carnage it can cause? We need to be prepared.

7. Prince:

All of your examples are correct and very real as a possibility. you can see it happening already.

8. Yeah it sure looks that way. I saw some of the video footage on the news. I feel bad for those people. I heard over 50 people have died. Very sad. 😦

9. In new Jersey, houses are lying on the turnpike. In NY, the subways are flooded. Atlantic city is destroyed. Very sad indeed.

10. I don’t know what it is but…….it seems strange that this storm happened right before the election. The timing just seems a bit peculiar to me.

11. ynotme on said:

Negress,

Glad to know that you are safe and sound…Hope the rest of the family are too.

12. Thank you. We are holding up with the help of the most high.

Just saw a horrible story about a Staten Island man who refused to help a black mother of two young children who were swept away. he refused to let her in. The water swept her children away, and were found in a marsh. His response She shouldn’t have been out with her kids, “I’m not a rescue worker”. I hope the ghost of those babies haunt him for the rest of his miserable life. I hope you are ok. I’m praying for you.

I read that Staten Island is very racist.

@Negress

The media is not gonna highlight the damage in our neck of the woods, because, Obama is in charge. If Bush or another republican was in power, they would have black folks all over the tube to show the world how evil they are. Black people, the mainstream media in this country is racist to the core and liberal, they don’t give a damn’ about us. All of the misery in NY and NJ, and Barack flies in for a photo-op with Gov. Christie, and then off to Vegas. He has no shame, None!

PS…Hope all is well with you and the fam Negress…Blessings!

16. To all:

The Spirit has been with us through it ALL. We are just fine. No power yet. First they said Saturday, then Monday, now Tuesday. And…a snowstorm is coming in our direction

We’re not giving up. We’re still standing.