The Benefits of Black Rice

“Anything white is bad for the African”—Dr. Afrika

Like brown rice, black rice is full of antioxidant-rich bran, which is found in the outer layer that gets removed during the milling process to make white rice. But only black-rice contains the antioxidants known as anthocyanins, purple and reddish pigments — also found in blueberries, grapes, and acai — that have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and cancer, improvements in memory, and the maintenance of high blood pressure and diabetes.

The combination of antioxidants found in black rice packs a one-two punch that could make it a particularly good food for your health. Mostly found in China, this beneficial rice isn’t well known to the black populous ..or made easily affordable:

The lowest price is $3.59 for only 15 ounces!!!

Whilst traveling across the nation, I’ve only found black rice in certain white dominated whole foods / organic stores in California.

Black rice is very good for:

1. Your kidneys

2. Your colon

3. Your liver

The three main organs blacks need for good health. Black rice is grown and shipped primarily from mainland China…which is ironic because rice comes from Africa.

Once our communities are strengthened by our own efforts, I hope one day we will have access to fresh farmer’s markets where beneficial and life-saving natural foods will be apart of our daily habits. In the meantime, please consider growing your herbs and vegetables like I do in the wintertime:

24 thoughts on “The Benefits of Black Rice

1. Reblogged this on Moorbey'z Blog and commented:
    Sharing thiz important information

2. I have never even considered Black rice. Growing up in Low Country (S.C.) and being Geechie, my family eat/ate rice almost three times a day. I have never heard of Black rice, but I’ll have to check that out.

Also, this makes me wonder. Since we be already wrapped in Blackness (melanin), some of course more than others, we should be the very best humanity has to offer, right? I mean following the logic. I think so anyway.

You introduced me to something new once again Sista. Thank you.

3. I found lots of “goodies” in black health that are purposefully being kept from us. As I discover them, I’ll share with the family.

The more i read about how the system of white supremacy works, maybe it is deliberate that access to these products is impossible for poor people. There is no education to educate people in poor communities. I’ve never heard of black rice. Just brown and white. Thank You for the information.

5. My pleasure sir. Most natural grains, which are African, are black/brown/tan by Mother Nature. All are good for black health and digestion. The issues that we Africans have is , we eat foods that are not meant for us.

Sugar
    Flour
    Salt

All stripped down from their natural hue and made white, which is toxic for us.
    On purpose, I believe…

But I’m gonna keep digging into our rich history of food and let you know what I come up with.

6. My pleasure. Many of us have NO idea that food and herbs can cure sickness.

7. Differences between black and brown rice.

Carbohydrates

Both brown and black rice are rich in carbohydrates. Each cup of uncooked brown rice contains 145 grams of carbohydrates, while a cup of uncooked black rice provides 96 grams. Carbohydrates are your body’s primary source of energy, so these foods can be suitable for pre-exercise meals. You may also wish to eat brown or black rice after exercise, as research from the December 2010 edition “International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism” indicates that carbohydrates are required for optimal post-workout recovery.
    Fiber

Considering the rich carbohydrate content of these two types of rice, both are relatively low in fiber. A cup of uncooked black or brown rice would provide about 6 grams of fiber, a vital nutrient for overall health. Fiber promotes stable blood sugar levels, aids in producing feelings of fullness and can help keep your digestive tract healthy.
    Protein

Black and brown rice are moderately rich in protein, if you consume large enough quantities. Each cup of uncooked rice of either variety contains 14 grams of protein, which is 2 fewer grams of protein than a 90 calorie, 1/2-cup serving of cottage cheese contains. Thus, these types of rice aren’t the most efficient way of obtaining protein.
    Fat

Black and brown rice differ in fat content. A cup of uncooked brown rice contains 5 grams of fat, while a cup of uncooked black rice contains 8 grams. The brown rice contains 1 gram of saturated fat, while the black rice contains no saturated fat.
    Sodium

Brown rice and black rice differ greatly in sodium content. A cup of uncooked brown rice contains only 8 milligrams of sodium, while a cup of uncooked black rice contains 1,177 milligrams. The daily suggested intake of sodium is 2,300 milligrams, and consistently overshooting that amount may increase your risk of high blood pressure.

8. WOW!

Thank you for that great explanation, Prince.

9. Kool i can not wait…

10. Glad you liked it!

11. This is also the first time I ever heard of black rice and it is interesting that so many biological things that are white are harmful posionous or defiecent
    white flour
    sugar
    salt
    people
    parasites
    I notice how with light and water ,white people try to claim association(never heard them verbalize,just implied behavior) due to the utility of these things.

Its also interesting that light and water while essiential for life are nonliving things – just like white bones of living creatures that you only see with serious injury or death.

“I hope one day we will have access to fresh farmer’s markets”
    The farmer’s market ,whole foods thing looks like just another albinic people monoply racket.

How about we indivdually and collectively aquire land/real estate and
    grow our own damn rice and anything else we can and want.
    I nothing Can ever be fresher than home grown.
    I’m way pass sick and tired of buying sh-t from other people.

A original informative and postive post.

12. Reblogged this on Mbeti's Blog.

13. blackmystory on said:

Good Queen truthbetold. Q Kushite King, unfortunately the corporate conglomerate have already gotten to brown rice and have hybridized it, while still putting out the information to mislead. Right now the best grains to eat, before they get to it are Amaranth, Quinoa, Barley, Buckwheat, Kamut, Flax seed, spelt and millet. All the others are already tarnished by monsanto and their poison. Your point about growing your own garden is spot on, however, we have to eventually do what Mbeti say and return to the land and do some farming on a grand scale. Only this time we better fight to protect it.

14. ynotme on said:

Negress,

Thanks for the lesson…I bought this rice at an Asian supermarket a few years back, but it was called Chinese imperial rice. It is very nutritious and has a wonderful nutty flavor. The un-cooked rice is black, but it actually turns to a dark purple color when cooked.

15. Ynotme:

Was it expensive?

16. ynotme on said:

It was about $4.50 per pound

17. Pingback: The Benefits of Black Rice « diaryofanegress « Innerstanding Isness

Watch the DVDs “Food Matters” & “A Beautiful Truth”. Both of these DVDs show that foods help cure and prevent diseases.

19. Ok…I’ll have to check that out.

20. How water intensive is growing black rice though? It seems to occur naturally in Asia, might be so suitable to growing elsewhere.

Oh, I’d disagree about salt, salt is supposed to be white, and is vital to the functioning of the human body. Dangerous in excess, of course, but you die without it.

@Negress

Anything that comes to you in white form…Don’t Trust It! White Rice, White Bread, White Sugar, White Chocolate, etc. I’m being sarcastic and serious as a heart attack at the same time. Black and brown are earth tones. Anything that comes from nature will fall between black and tan…Simple Logic!

PS..Appreciate the info Negress…Always!

@Negress

You forgot to mention white milk. African people are lactose intolerant, white milk is not good for us. In grade school, the milk that we drank was chocolate. The school decided to stop serving white milk to us because it made us sick…Ditto! Negress, it’s amazing how white insanity has crept into our food choices. All that is right and just in the universe is black and brown, and all that is bad comes in white form…A Sign!

23. My daily regimen consists of drinking a cup of green tea every morning. It is matcha tea. It is very healthy and increases thermogenesis which increases weight loss. It also lowers the risk of breast cancer and removes free radicals from the body. Whole Foods sells it. The thing about Matcha Tea (Youtube has many videos on it) is that it has 10 times the antioxidants than regular store bought green tea. One cup equals 10 cups of store bought green tea because the leaves are grown in a peculiar fashion that increases their antioxidants and they are ground up.

Also, I take Women’s one a day and a selenium supplement since cancer runs in my family and selenium is a good supplement to help remove free radicals and restore cell health. I also usually every now and then eat a garlic bulb which is also extremely healthy and removes candida within our digestive system. Candida is what causes gas and bloating and it helps with acid reflux and Gerd.

Another thing I’m looking into is Black Currant Seed Oil. I have heard really good things about that. It comes in a pill form or in a liquid form. They say its a wonder supplement and extremely healthy for skin, hair and the immune system. It also helps with weight loss.

This is a little off topic, but for those of you who suffer from psoriases on the skin in various places, here’s a little known way to remove it “without” going to a dermatologist. It worked for me after a friend from Africa turned me on to it.. Use Selsum Blue. The shampoo. Just rub it on the skin and let it soak in. Leave it. Do this for about 7 to 10 days and it will dry up the skin rash and it will completely disappear. The reason for this is because it contains “Selenium Sulfide” which is the very same ingredient that they put in those costly lotions dermatologists have to write prescriptions for. Its very handy knowledge.

Once again Great Job Negress. I am finding your blog extremely interesting!

24. You are correct. Many of us have no idea that herbs can cure many ills. I started getting into herbs and herbal supplements when I lost my insurance and had trouble affording a doctor for a while. The research proved to be a wonderful tool. I started studying up on various herbs.