Hair Envy Part 1.

Look at this:

And this:

But… ALL this hair envy started with this:

Whites, being the Original Pirates, stole every single thing about our culture. Our food, clothes, music, speech…everything was taken; except the ability to take our hair.

So, in their need to dominate and emulate the very thing they despise, they invented the “perm.” Mr. Charles Nessler developed the very first perm in 1905. It consisted of hot curlers and Borax (sodium borate), a natural household cleaner.  In 1934, this was perfected with the help of the permanent wave machine:

In their need to have the sensual curliness of our natural hair, like this beautiful sister:

They burned their scalps to look like us, all the while convincing us that our natural waves, coils, kinks and corkscrews were “nappy” and unattractive. That is the beauty of white supremacy, boys and girls. The sick ability to duplicate anything they want, apply it to themselves, make it pretty (on them) whilst condemning the Original Person for it.

Tell me folks…have you ever seen a white person who had hair envy or exhibited “hair terrorism?”

Inquiring minds want to know…

40 thoughts on “Hair Envy Part 1.

Pirates, Yes that pretty much describes them. Tanning, lip plumping, even bottock implants. But we are just ugly nappy headed, big lips and big ghetto asses that they envy and desire. Some of them are so hypocritical.

While on vacation in Jamaica and Mexico You can’t beat the white folks trying to get their hair braided.

3. Oh yes, I’ve heard of that a lot.

4. SomeGuy on said:

To be perfectly fair, dreadlocks on White folks looks about as natural as relaxed hair on Africans. I’m not implying that it’s done for the same reasons, but the outcome is still the same.

5. @ someguy

Part two to come on Monday.

6. “Brazilian silky” on Africans? Absolutely ridiculous to me. But what about Blacks like me who have ancestors from many continents and hair that’s a mix of textures? Some of us (not me) DO have naturally straight hair.

7. A post to come on the other half of this…

8. SomeGuy on said:

I would put you into my category: Mixed Race. Although, there are, of course, some East Africans with straighter hair.

9. I thought many east Africans are mixed race as well (with Arabs) from many thousands of years ago.

So, I should have specified whom I was referring to when I mentioned Brazilian silky on Africans, I specifically meant west/southern Africans.

10. When I was a young teen, I wanted to have the spiral curls so popular back in the day. My mom was a hairdresser on the side and she would do perms on my hair as a kid. Yes, I know I was young, but I begged my mom to do it. Though my hair is naturally wavy and not pin straight like typical Asian hair, the most compliments I’ve ever received was when my hair was really curly. I loved it! Anyway, I stopped perming my hair because it was getting damaged.

Oh, and my mom learned how to cornrow hair and she would do my hair before I went to bed. I always fell asleep while she cornrowed my hair. I must say I really enjoyed having my hair cornrowed because it was a bonding experience between my mother and me, and it felt so good. Just reading this post makes me miss my mom very much.

11. leigh204 on said:

I remember when actress Bo Derek came out with her braids and how she supposedly popularized this hairstyle. That’s crap. I do recall seeing black women wearing their braided hair for ages.

12. SomeGuy on said:

I can’t imagine you with cornrows. I think I’m going to need to see some pics.

13. leigh204 on said:

Yeah, people said the same thing to me when I was a kid. Oddly enough, I don’t have pics of me with my hair braided or cornrowed. I haven’t had cornrows since I was a young leigh204. Hmm. Maybe I could get my sister to learn and she could do my hair.

14. phoebeprunelle on said:

East Africans are no more “mixed” than black Americans.

Their minds are just creolized to believe so. There was genetic testing done on the so called black caucasian of Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Rwanda and the test revealed they are indeed 100% indigenous African. If there was a trace of Arab, there would have been a % of Afro Asiatic ancestry; but there was not. These groups just speak Afro Asiatic languages, well at least some do.

15. If white people style their hair like ours i don’t really mind provided they are doing it for spiritual reasons and acknowledging that they owe their existence to Africa…

It helps tame some of that damn aggression they have.

16. phoebeprunelle on said:

My mom would put me to sleep, my head resting on her lap, and then cornrow my hair complete with beads up until i was seven.

I don’t know those fake white rastas are so annoying. They are mostly just stoners.

18. So are the black rastas.

I seriously believe it is better for the few white people who embrace the African asethetic because this helps them to be better human beings. When they are better human beings, they are less likely to create bombs, manipulate and exploit nature through natural resources, etc..which we all know they are very capable of doing.

Sure the white rastas can be misguided, but they are not the whites who present danger to people of color. I will take that any day over the average white person.

19. leigh204 on said:

@ phoebeprunelle:

Aww, I can only imagine how cute you must’ve looked. My mom didn’t use beads for me. She used plain small rubber bands. Oh, how I would’ve loved to hear the clickety-clacks of the beads in my hair!

20. @ Phoebe:

I disagree…
    Whites pervert everything they come in contact with. I’d prefer if they gave us back:

1. Our music
    2. Clothes
    3. Food, every west Indian store has whites salivating for calaloo

4. Speech and phrases
    5. And stay away from our brothers and sisters.

if we are so inferior, stay away from our culture!

21. phoebeprunelle on said:

@DOAN

Well what we have to remember is that not many whites are going to ever loc their hair or wear braids–the few that will are not as dangerous as the ones who won’t.

Yes whites as a whole have a very aggressive nature to them–but there is also a gray area in life. Which i believe human beings have to allow for. IME, the few whites i have encountered who were either rastas or living their lives as closely to African traditions (note i’m not talking about those in IR marriages) as possible were the least likely to be harmful. Some of them understand-the problem is they are a part of the 1% and the remaining 99% are those who will eventually be their own suffering.

I agree that there is the reality of racial envy geared towards black people by whites. This can only reaffirm that genetically they are fearful of what could possibly happen but also know that having color is as normal and natural as breathing. For these whites, i pay little attention to. I know the game. However, i realize that there is room for flexibilty.

22. ynotme on said:

I had calaloo(with salted cod fish) before…It looks a lot like collard greens but has a milder flavor and a softer texture… IT’S DELICIOUS!

23. phoebeprunelle on said:

@DOAN

They are not stopping us at this point from wearing our own hair, learning some of our languages, reconnecting with relatives who are in Africa through genetic testing and so forth.

If we want it, we are responsible for reclaiming it.

24. Before I get too deep into this, I’ll wait for tomorrows post on hair envy, part 2.

25. @phoebe my Af. history course taught me something different about East Africans, they didn’t just pick up Islam from Arabs. And for clarity, I consider Arabs “browns”, NOT white.

Phenotypically speaking they don’t look like other Africans to me either, they look like a cross between Arabs and Africans.

26. And I AM a mixed Black American., like so many millions of others in the US.

BTW, Do you support that one drop rule nonsense created by WHITE FOLKS?

27. Well, my coursework in undergrad had a very different angle–different schools of thought i suppose.

And to be quite honest; the one drop rule IMHO works in the advantage of PoC more than whites although i believe that originally it wasn’t intended to do so.

28. phoebeprunelle on said:

Actually, certain ethnic groups in Ethiopia look very much like other West African groups. The Fulani is the first that comes to mind. Genetic testing was done on several East African groups and they are mostly indigenous African. I am not denying that mixing occurs, but in general, East Africans are mostly black from a genetic perspective.

@Mary Burrell

Whites have no native culture that they can claim as their own, which is why “Racial Theft” is so important to them. Black people create it, whites steal it and claim it. We see this mindset most often in relation to blackwomen…who are the trendsetters for women on this planet. I can honestly say that, whitewomen are addicted to all things sista-related on this planet. If blackwomen happen to sneeze, snowflakes will be their with a box of tissue at hand to wipe a sista’s nose. We’ve won the racial and beauty war, we know we’re the s**t, that’s a given. Right now, it’s about us having ownership of our rich cultural legacy moving forward. Mary, i second all that was said in your post, blackwomen are a beautiful creation…Indeed!!!

30. SomeGuy on said:

@Dr. Reine

I’ve went back and forth on this issue for many years. This is the deal, i advocate black female/male unions first and foremost. Being a realist, all black folk are not gonna end up with other blacks. The children of black/non-black couples are half-black. Being that black genes are dominant over all others, nine times out of ten the child will look more african than the other side of them. Black Planet, fact or fiction? In order for us to have peace of mind on this planet, blackness has to be Omnipotent and Omnipresent in every aspect…Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, The Americas, etc. If we want this to take place, half-black children have to identify as black by default despite having other in them. At the end of the day, it’s about population and maintaining the gene pool for future generations of african women and men…Bottomline! (Earth Tones)…black, brown, and caramel are what we’re fighting for in the game that we call “Race.” Black Eros is real in every sense of the word, when we understand the true meaning of BE, we can make it a reality going forward.

Dr. Reine

Africans are the most diverse in terms of phenotype, always have been

33. Nigerians don’t look like Ugandans. Khoisan don’t look like Angolans. Igbo don’t look like Camaroons. There is no one African phenotype.

I did not say ALL Africans look the same….i am saying that there are lots of similarities….even across ethnic lines.

Also i am going by having lived in several different African countries since i was a kid; but it goes deeper than nationality–i am speaking of ethnic groups. BTW-Igbos are mostly concentrated in Nigeria and they do look very similar to their brothers and sister who are Jola in Senegal..

34. Phoebe, I took Af. History at a white university, so it’s VERY likely I didn’t get the right story.

35. @ some guy, I think we all KNOW there is no one African phenotype. But in my opinion there ARE phenotypical differences between those Africans from countries closer to the Arab world than the others.

And shout out to my peeps from Ghana who to me, look nothing like other Africans.

36. @Tyrone, here’s where we differ opinion. There’s usually difference, both genetically and phenotypically, between half-white/ half-African kids and half-white/ half-Black American kids.

Put another way, I don’t know why some Black folks trip about Prez. Obama being half-white when he is so phenotypically African. And his “look” legitimizes his “blackness” to me.

37. SomeGuy on said:

Yes, but my point was that non-African admixture is not always the cause of the phenotypical differences between Africans.

38. @someguy, I agree with that generally speaking, I just don’t think that’s the explanation for the appearance of East Africans.

39. Phoebe, I took Af. History at a white university, so it’s VERY likely I didn’t get the right story.

LOL. But really, there are so many angles in which people use to explain these things; i’m sure your’s is just as valid.