10 Racist Movies I’d Like to Burn

1. Precious ( Gabby, you are a fine actress. No offense but I hate your film )

2. Gone With the Wind

3. Driving Miss Daisy( Fuck Miss Daisy! Let her take the bus! )

4. All Tyler Perry movies ( except: The Family That Preys and Why Did I Get Married )

5. The Colour Purple

6. The Blind Side ( I’d like to blind the asshole who wrote the script )

7. The Green Mile

8. King Kong ( Whites are OBSESSED with this movie )

9. Mississippi Burning ( sorry Mr. Dafoe. You gave a fine performance but I hate your movie )

10. Avatar ( Mr. Cameron? Please stop now….)

Any others you want to add????

47 thoughts on “10 Racist Movies I’d Like to Burn

“Fuck Miss Daisy, Let her take the bus. LOOOOL!!! I love The Green Mile though. I know the John Coffey charcter was a little unsetteling. I like Michael ClarkDuncan. I was feeling some kind of way about Precious. Did’nt know if I should love it or hate it. There was laugher in the theater by some whites. I think they were nervous and did’nt know how to react to certain scenes. I just have to wonder about Lee Daniels. I hated Monsters Ball. And I used to wonder about King Kong was there some racial undertones to this? Were they trying to compare the giant ape to a black man? I can’t stand Gone With The Wind. My jewish and white friends say I’m just too sensitive and overreacting. That shit pisses me off. Butterfly Mcqueen and Hattie Mcdaniel’s performances just make uneasy .

2. Miss Mary:

King Kong = The Black Brute who lusts after the Pure White Woman. I hate that movie so much!

As for Gone with the Wind? Hattie should’ve tied the corset around Scarlett’s neck.

3. DEFINITELY Monster’s Ball! Halle’s character sexes her husband’s executioner and shows her vagina in the process!!! I’m also APPALLED she won an Oscar for that ‘ish.

4. I’m on the fence about Precious too!!

5. And I liked Tyler’s take on For Colored Girls.

6. When Halle Won the Oscar for a scene that Angela Bassett turned down…that says it ALL.

7. Never seen it. I love and hate Mr. Perry all at once! He mocks us yet reveals truth. Plus, he’s one of the FEW black directors/producers/screenwriters in Hollywood.

8. Vanessa Williams says she turned it down too.

9. I think you should check For Colored Girls out, deep on MANY levels, and I think he did a great job.

10. My Good Dr. :

Hollywood will give the golden statue to Africans for:

1. Lying
    2. Whoring
    3. Drugs
    4. Happy “Darkey” characters
    5. Ignoble Creatures of Power
    6. The Mammy
    7. Slavery
    8. Dying
    9. Domestic Violence
    10. Looking the other Way.

When Viola was nominated for Doubt, she knew her on screen child may have been sexually abused by the Phillip S. Hoffman character.

What did she do?
    Look the Other Way.

Screw Hollywood.

11. ok…i’ll try…

I was disgusted Denzel won for Training Day. I love Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer. But I want to see them upgraded to better roles.

13. I so despised the premise of “The Help”, I didn’t bother seeing the movie. But you’re right on target for movies Holloweird “awards” Oscars to. Maybe a top 10 list of movies which should have received Oscars, or at least nominations, is in order!

14. Let’s see. I have:

Blood Diamonds
    Soul Plane
    Freedom Writers
    Demolition Man
    Monster’s Ball
    Training Day
    The Last Samurai
    The Last Airbender
    District 9
    Dragonball: Evolution
    Daredevil
    The Help
    The future live-action version of ‘Akira’ who will likely star white people as the main characters.
    All live action ‘Transformers’ movies
    Any movie where a white person plays a PoC

And last but not least, Birth of a Nation.

15. Most if not all the Shirley Temple films.

she always had an adult black male catering to her childlike needs.

16. Brothawolf:

Birth of a Nation , for me, is the pinnacle of white propaganda. It shows how AmeriKlan uses the Idiot Box to spew hatred.

Yes, it’s offensive but I’d rather see it in plain sight than with The Help.

17. Phoebes:

Also Casablanca….hate that film.

18. Blood diamonds was a kind of wake up call for me in that I’m no longer a consumer in the diamond market and haven’t been since I saw the movie and other documentaries on the issue. Yes, I get that we can’t always take this kind of stance on everything nor is it always effective, but diamonds are simply no longer my best friends.

But imagine of the hip hop industry and Kimora Simmions did the same thing, THEY could make a real dent in the bottom line of the diamond industry.

19. phoebeprunelle on said:

Is is just me, or do ALL the black & white studio films have racist undertones??

20. No. AmeriKlan studios purposefully add racist elements to ALL movies for the purpose of brainwashing…I’m writing a post called:

Why I no longer watch TV…due out soon…

What about “Imitation of Life”, both versions? I like some of the aspects of the story, but I do not like the ultimate message the movies send about racially mixed people, especially those of black/white mixture.

22. Mickey,

Did you see The Human Stain? A rancid piece of trash.

Yes, I did. Didn’t care for it, although I like Wentworth Miller as an actor.

24. I’m doing a post called The Approved Negro.

25. tehnoun on said:

A little surprised Birth of a Nation wasn’t up there, but these films are all awful for the exact same reasons that one is. That and most of them are terrible films for other reasons alongside the fact they’re racist trash, and yet way too many people love the damn things. I guess racism is a good selling point and can help people look past the fact your movie is absolute garbage.

26. I understand.

27. Yea, but it’s still part of the usual “White Savior” trope that Hollywood loves.

Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West were two mainstream rappers who brought the issue to light. Without them, I wouldn’t have known about such a horrid product.

28. Birth of a Nation is a vile pile of vomitus. But….it shows the POWER of propaganda better than ANY other movie I’ve ever seen.

29. SomeGuy on said:

As soon as I saw the post title I was like “All Tyler Perry movies” and then as I scrolled down, there it was. lol

30. SomeGuy on said:

I would also like to add Lord of the Rings. White people LOVE creating their little fantasy worlds where they can justify a lack of a Black presence. Also, films and TV where White people are played by PoC. ::cough::Rashida Jones::cough::

31. phoebeprunelle on said:

Hey! Lay the freak off of J.R.R. Tolkien!!

Lolz

32. SomeGuy on said:

Hehe. 🙂

33. Mr. Perry needs to get his priority straight. Is he a filmmaker or a money maker? At least Antoine fuqua brings it.

@SomeGuy I cosign with you on that one business about poc playing white characters.i.e. Rashida Jones. racially ambiguous individuals have the advantage i like Maya Rudolph but I just think to myself wow! They have an advantage in society,they can shift to both worlds. just my opinion.

Wentworth Miller, Vin Diesel, & Jennifer Beals can play either white or racially/ethnically unspecified characters.

36. I laughed when Jennifer Beals played opposite Denzel in Devil in a Blue Dress.

Well, to be honest, white actors and actresses have played POC characters alot in the past and even the present.

Examples:

Almost every Western featuring Native American or part Native American characters.

Kings Go Forth [Natalie Wood plays a biracial (black/white) woman]

Imitation of Life (Remake) [Susan Kohner plays a biracial (black/white) woman]

Band of Angels [Yvonne De Carlo plays a biracial (black/white) woman]

Pinky [Jeanne Craine plays a biracial (black/white) woman]

Showboat [Ava Gardner plays a biracial (black/white) woman]

Lost Boundaries [Main cast is white; movie is about an entire family that is passing for white]

Cleopatra (All versions) [Claudette Colbert & Elizabeth Taylor portray the Egyptian queen. Many people speculate about Cleo’s background.]

The Last Airbender [Mostly white actors playing Asian characters]

21 [Based on real-life story. Real-life participants were Asian; movie features an all-white cast]

@Mickey you are so full of information, Lost Boundaries. Have to check that out.

39. Mickey:

May I say that whites are not interested in seeing anyone that doesn’t look like them. Our lives are deemed so “different” that we can’t possibly be relatable.

40. Gat Turner on said:

I would add any religous movie with whitewashed characters…The Ten Commandments, Jesus of Nazareth etc. Tired of the blue-eyed Jesus & Egytptians!

41. Gat:

I’m trying to write a post regarding Cleopatra V.

We can also add “I Passed for White”, the 1960 movie featuring the passing-for-white storyline.

43. Mickey:

I never see it but I’ve heard of it. It’s on my list of movies to watch. Don’t look at me too crazy but I’m going to watch Birth of a Nation over and do a post on it.

LOL I’ve never seen Birth of a Nation, either, but I plan to see it as well. I also for got to add “Mandingo”. THAT movie sucks major ass along with its sequel “Drum”

45. Mickey, I have Mandingo…and watched it recently. You know what’s fascinating about that movie? Even though the female concubine was subjugated, the white wife of the plantation owner was the most oppressed of all.

Not only was she a prize but she was ignored, abused and killed for her sexual needs. This is why I say over and over that white men hate white women.

46. Reblogged this on Kushite Kingdom and commented:
    That’s a great list! I like your blog as well. You have some great topics.

47. Thank you, sir.