Why White Women Keep Silent When Michelle Obama is Being Attacked

When I hear Rush Limbaugh spewing hatred at my favorite lady, I wait patiently to see the barrage of white democratic women who call themselves feminists who will no doubt come to her rescue.

****crickets****

Maybe they’re all waiting for the right time to strike down Mr. Limbaugh. After all, in AmeriKlan, girls are a minority too. Any moment now…..

****crickets****

Hmmmmmmm…….

Perhaps the reason why they keep silent is because they’re happy to see her verbally assaulted.

History Lesson:

Not only are white women oppressed (being a woman means they’re a minority) but being white means that they can be racists but don’t have to own up to it the way a man would. See, white women, being the ****cough**** delicate creatures that they are, are shielded from any wrongdoing, blame, evilness and accountability.

Their only purpose, historically, is to be the decorative ornament to appease the white man, sexually (if his slave was unavailable) and politically (as a trophy wife; Donald Trump knows about this quite a bit).

The slave stole all the master’s time and affections. The master would leave his perfectly adorned wife, in her pretty nightgown, to fornicate with his slaves. After many, many copulations, he spawned a brood of young ‘uns that needed even more of his time. The neglected wife, in her rage and vengefulness, would copulate with the biggest, strongest, blackest Field Negro she could find.

This passive-aggressive act was done to hurt her man, hurt the concubine (for she bedded her man) and to show her power. That being said….

When Michelle Obama is being attacked and NOT ONE white woman opens her mouth to say, “But…”, that too is a passive-aggressive act done out of vengefulness. Add to the fact that defending a black woman who isn’t worthy of being defended may hurt her husband’s chances of political victory. When the Limbaugh/Fluke fiasco occurred, women and men jumped from far and away to defend Ms. Fluke’s right for conception. Women lambasted Rush and his sponsors fled, fearing political backlash and claims of misogyny. When Nancy Reagan told AmeriKlan’s to “Just Say NO!”, AmeriKlans applauded her gutsy speeches, her fierceness for wanting to tackle AmeriKlan’s problem with drugs pushers. ( Actually, Ameriklan wouldn’t have a problem with drug pushers if they didn’t need to take drugs…but why tell them that? After all, this country was built on Puritanical beliefs.***cough, cough***)

How dare Mrs. Obama, with her stunning good looks and Ivy League education dare say a word about kids eating more vegetables? How dare she try to grow a vegetable garden? And less soda? Are you kidding me? Sarah, I-love-to-kill-moose, Palin says, ” Let them eat S’mores!” What does she know? A black woman telling white AmeriKlan how to eat properly? She’s only married to some African guy with an ordinary job.

Who is she? Oh…yeah…a black woman.

38 thoughts on “Why White Women Keep Silent When Michelle Obama is Being Attacked

1. White women have the luxury of not being allies of Black women most of the time. We see this in the so-called “feminist” movement. The only occasions when Black women are included by feminists is when the need to bolster their numbers in support of a particular issue. Then when that battle is won, Black women are relegated, once again, to the outside of the movement.

I too notice the deafening silence by most White women and their pro-women organizations when the First Lady is attacked. Their non-support began before Michelle’s husband was elected. But the truth is a valuable commodity. So rather than thinking that we, Black women, have allies we know that we have to be our own allies, advocates and defenders.

And with that knowledge we will not only survive but thrive. As we always have.

2. Excellent comments. Thank you.

HE

Because she is a beautiful, confident, accomplished woman. She’s Physically fit and graceful. they can’t handle a self assured sister like her. Hate to throw shade at Oprah but Miss Michele ain’t no ass kissing Aunt Jemimah. I know that’s harsh but that’s how I feel. Peace and Blessings Sister.

5. Oprah was more “real” in the beginning of her tenure. Now her ego takes center stage.

6. Negress you need to read this. As bad as some may think we have it, we need to count our blessings!

7. isme on said:

My first first thought was “always there for you when they need you”, but it’s obviously in their interest to call this sort of thing out. You can’t stand up for the rights of women, without standing up for the rights pf women.

8. What’s “pf” women?

9. isme on said:

Sorry, should have been “of women”.

10. Darlene Davis on said:

I’m of mixed race but my family is mostly white European. I thought it best to state that first before my comments.
    My mother raised me in Jersey with the thought process that I view man individually based on their actions only. This thought process is, to my way of logic, to be the only valid way to handle any issue in our world. Moral character, ethical actions, truth, love and compassion.
    Because of that, I am usually the first one to raise heck when someone makes a disparaging remark against any person. The First Lady being one. I have a hard time with the Jon Stewarts and the Rush Limbaughs because they use satire and insults to get their points across. I also believe that unless Michelle Obama has committed a crime, there is no reason to drag her into the political chatter. She is supporting her husband in his chosen career, we voted him in, she dropped her life and followed. If anything, all First Lady’s should be praised for willing to bend their lives backwards to do so.
    I did not vote for our current President, but I honor him. He is to be honored and respected. I don’t have to agree, but I do have to honor. That goes double for his wife.
    The mothers teach – my mother made sure I learned individual actions are what is important. Not groups, colors, races, religions, etc., in brush stroke statements.
    As a mother, I do the same. The only way to ease the statements of the Stewarts, Limbaughs and crusaders is to teach the next generation better. Truth, love, compassion. Right and wrong. Respect and honor.
    “My father taught me that I should treat all men as gentlemen. Not because they are or are not a gentleman, but because I am.” Anonymous

11. Darlene,
    Thank you for replying. In the next few posts, I’ll be starting a “Dear Diary” segment of my blog. The very first post will touch on what you have been raised to believe.

I hope you’ll tune in.

12. Pingback: Notable Links: 5-25/12 « BROTHA WOLF

13. Hi,
    First I will start out with thanking you for visiting MBEV.
    I normally do not reply off topic but I really have something to say about the comment that you left on my blog.

I am sure that you felt that you set me straight on the topic of standardized testing and Black intelligence. I appreciate your invitation to have a no excuse discussion.

So, let me start out by stating what’s true from my perspective.

I am sure that you that you honestly have no real idea about my professional opinion about this particular issue regarding educating children period.

Do you know anything about me professionally?

I think not, because if you did then you’d be aware of the fact that I happen to be a member of the educational community who is not pro-testing as a measurement of what a child learns period. I happen to believe that education should be about learning and not meeting the criteria of a set of folks who are not pro-learning.

I will spare you my experiences as a teacher in regards to testing children regarding their knowledge. The details are rather annoying to me personally and we made it through that requirement.

I have been writing about this particular topic for a few years. People who read my blog regularly know my positions about the state of education. I have written about the mass literacy campaigns that occurred in our communities, The Jeans Teachers, and about the state of the American education system period. I happen to be one of those teachers that cause admin staff to keep a bottle of Tylenol on hand. I have never backed down on this particular topic and I am not going to do so now.

Oh by the way, I have spent the majority of my career working with children from the Black community. I requested to be re-shipped into the neighborhood where I grew up just so I could work with Black children. I have also worked with Black children from the international community as well.

I am very much aware of the intelligence of Black people period.

#2. I have been teaching for over 20 years.

I know a little something about jumping through the hoops of the latest trends in education just so I could teach. I know some outstanding throw down educators they happen to be in the profession and not in the profession. I could get into the cultural and socio-economic factors but you’re hip to them and so am I. I’ve supervised breakfast and lunch for children for the length of my career. I also have taught my students how to cook and how to make nutritional snacks. I have sufficient working knowledge about the effects of hunger and learning.

#3. Trust and believe my sista, I am known as a progressive thinker and doer. I have pulled out of the traditional system of education because I am sick and tired of the lack of learning that is occurring. I am going to be working with alike minded people in my community to provide an alternative to traditional school systems. I posted the report card because the majority of the system is failing our children. That does not indicate that our children are any less intelligent or capable. What it does indicate is a reality that we have to handle different. I teach out of the box and alternative systems work when the main ones fail to produce what is honestly needed. Our children need their elders to create something different so they can grow in all areas.

And here’s a point of reality about our Literacy usage and rates that I specialize in as teacher–too many of our children do not get the fundamental skills they need in this area. I love to work with children and adults who need this type of development because once they have mastered the skill on various levels, they are free to use those set of skills in whatever manner they need to.

I will apologize once again for commenting off topic on your blog. I did not see an e-mail address to send you my response. I did not want you to think that I was going to say nothing.

I hope that clears things up between us. I will be back through to check out your posts. I happen to like reading intelligent thoughts. Peace to you. I will see you soon.

14. Ladydeborah:

No offense to you at all and I apologize if my candid statements came off in a negative manner. I appreciate that blacks are educating blacks..it’s needed for the advancement of our people.

Perhaps what struck a raw nerve for me, as a black woman who was told repeatedly that I would “never make it”, is the way some educators place emphasis on black unintelligence without considering all the factors that add up to poor performance.

I actually enjoy your posts as they are raw, honest and open…I admire that kind of dialogue due to the fact that “political correctness” has become the new form of racism.

Again my apologies if I came across as being too direct..it’s the one thing people either love or hate about me.

Please feel free to add any thoughts, positive or negative about my topics. I learn from my readers as much as I hope they learn from me.

15. I have long felt/known that Feminism was a white girl movement. I’ve never known how to properly articulate this belief though; so I don’t say much about it, in private life or elsewhere. I’ve wondered if Bell Hooks has addressed this idea of Feminism as a de facto white girl thing. (see there I am being kind of articulate and kind of not.)

You know, Aba has an old post about bell hooks. I have some dim memory that maybe she did address the fakeness of Feminism. Time to check the index…

16. I’ll check it out, thanks.

17. wilson on said:

The way I see it, the feminist movement contrary to what they say, is not representative of females worldwide.

It is only representative of white females in their fight against mostly white males to win equality however it is they define it.

Usually it is a fight for supremacy over the white male who has claimed to be the most supreme.

So it doesn’t include colored women. Michelle Obama in their eyes is not really a woman just like Barack Obama to most racist whites is’t really a man. What they are is black.

To be a man or a woman a.k.a a human being, you need to be first and most importantly, white.

18. Well said, Wilson. Very well said.

19. Michelle on said:

Sadly…I have to agree with what Wilson said. I do not follow their opinions and I am not part of them….but the truth still remains. I feel that is the overall well hidden feeling of most of them…although there may be some that don’t feel that way and actually feel that all women are equal…but the fact that they don’t stand up to make a change makes them just as guilty as the rest.

20. CREE-EIGHT on said:

Loved this piece. re-blogged it. Thank you for sayin it and so well.

21. Do you know how expensive it is to change over a social movement? Especially to the opposite of what you originally intended?

When the ’08 election took place, everyone separated into their little camps, the white women with Hillary (remember her?), the blacks with Obama, and the sensible people with Nader. Well , as you can imagine, the feminists can’t be too happy that there girl lost. In fact, some f them stated that wouldn’t vote for Obama just because. So, how do you think they feel about his wife?

Think they’re going to take the time and energy to shift there machine – for her?

22. Satan,
    What shocks me is…girls are in the same catagory, right? If we want to move onward and upward, why have racial division? I thought strength was in numbers?

Commentarybyvalentina:

Whitewomen have never been confronted with the ugly truth about themselves by blackwomen or blackmen. Whitewomen have been protected from scrutiny by whitemen in this country and abroad via media, journalism, corporate-america, etc. Secondly, whitewomen have benefitted greatly from the suffering of blackwomen on this planet…whitewomen can place all the blame on their white forefathers, fathers, and brothers. Meanwhile, they reap the benefits of what the men of their race did via blackwomen. In essence, they’ve been gifted all that they have on a silver platter. This allows whitewomen to play the bs game of feminism, which is pure bs. They’re part of the majority, yet, they label themselves a victimized minority at the same time…Nonsense! Whitewomen are using white male power to get over, and at the same time, portraying themselves as victims of the same whitemen to curry favor with blackwomen and to be liked by blackmen. Whitemen may have started the problem, but, whitewomen are the problem right now. Honestly, i don’t stress about whitemen that much anymore. Whitewomen have their hands in a lot of dirt right now…black male/female relations, affirmative-action, abortion, media bias, racism in hollywood/modeling/advertising, and so forth. Whitewomen tolerate others in their race marginalizing blackwomen because they want to keep the lie going. They still think that it’s about them, when in reality, it’s never been about them. They’ve been on a pedestal that’s been null and void from the jump. Lame blackmen keep the bs alive, which contributes to the stupidity of whitewomen more than anybody or anything. Valentina, i could go on and on about this issue, but i think i got my point across to the people. They can’t hide the truth forever sistas!!!

24. Lauren on said:

It’s their and they are the ones always crying ‘girl power’ and how it should relate to ANY circumstance but black womne are JUST as much to blame! You all jumped on the white Feminazi led bandwagon to evict Clarence Thomas then turned right around and slobbered all over sleazy Bill Clinton because they told you to. So don’t be angry with them for playing you like a harp when you allowed yourselves to get played and many times are just as guilty as they are.

Lauren

Blackwomen made a mistake jumping into bed with liberal whitewomen, sistas need to acknowledge this error in judgement. Sistas need not subjugate themselves to another race of women. Blackwomen are “Alpha Females” just as blackmen are “Alpha Males.” Blackmen don’t kiss the ass of whitemen like that, so, Why should Nubia(Sistas)?

26. “Lauren”, could you cite an example of a black woman who attacked the right-wing Uncle Tom Clarence Thomas, and then supported Bill Clinton, with the supporting evidence of white feminists masterminding said campaign?

Last time I checked, African American women formed Womanism and other black feminist movements, out of frustration in the ’70s by middle class white women (Steinem et al.) selling them down the river.

Satanforce

Most folk assumed that whitewomen take priority over blackmen…Really? Yes, whitewomen have endured sexism, but, there’s no way in hell they can say that their struggle is greater than that of black-americans. Democrats feared the loss of the black vote more so than the vote of whitewomen. Obama was handpicked by the elite in the party because of two reasons. His racial identity…black father/white mother. The idea of a whitewoman birthing a black child strokes the ego of white females, who have always been obsessed with blackwomen anyway. Secondly, Hillary wasn’t radical enuf for many on the left, Obama was and is a man of the left thru and thru.

28. Reblogged this on Cardboard and Eyeliner and commented:
    So true! White feminism has always proceeded with white women kind of hiding their face from the ugly truth of their privilege. However, their actions are inconsistent with their words and theory. This is particularly true of American feminism. Which explains part of why our rape culture remains; a lot of feminist aren’t true radicals or anarchists, they are just looking to get theirs. they are opportunists. so the lasting implications of what they did are not getting to actual affirmation of the rights and sanctity of all human life, male or female. because in the beginning and especially as time wore on, the white american feminist movement has always fallen for the simple trope of role reversal, assumption of corrupt male power, and enjoyment of whatever they can get. it’s not just that white feminists don’t take up for michelle obama; they have never taken up for girls getting raped, pimped, beaten, denied education, denied healthcare in the hood. why should i expect their jealous, self-conscious, self-promoting asses to worry about michelle obama? don’t take this as just a race attack. it’s not just about being white, but the most powerful and respected feminists are often white. that’s about power structures, which supersedes race. and in general, i don’t trust most people who say that they are representative of a movement at their word. because movements are flawed, so are people, and i feel like, regardless of your political alliances and stuff, any movement of power that has been in power for a few decades has probably had its main principles corrupted by now. feminism included.

29. JensenJay on said:

I’m not surprised that white(kkk) feminists don’t support Michelle Obama. They can’t. They can’t support anyone who betters them in every possible way. She’s pretty much achieved everything that they claim to want but has done it better than any example that they have.

They aren’t comfortable with that, and I find that usually when they “praise” her, they try to lower her. So if someone insults her shape, they’ll say that it’s great to have a “regular” woman out there, even though there is nothing about that lady’s body that even remotely approaches average. Her body cannot even see average in its rear view mirror.

And they will usually derail the discussions with comments about Hilary Clinton. Which again, no, not in the same league aesthetically, and not ridiculed to the same degree. No one has ever suggested that Hilary wasn’t intelligent. I’ve definitely read supposed “supporters” of Michelle try to question her poise too. I think Hilary is sharp like her husband, but I think they have an easier time saluting her b/c a)she’s white, b)she married a tall, charismatic president but he also fooled around on her, c)she does not possess the same physical gifts as Michelle Obama, and even though she found a great signature style later in life, she was never a stunner and is not physically striking. Not that white people differentiate, but she’s thick but not curvy thick and has cankles(of course, they call both just fat).

It is physically impossible for a white woman of nearly 50 to look like Michelle. They will nip,tuck, cut, pull, inject, and fill, but without a pound of makeup and very flattering lights, the degree of decay they experience is obvious (or they look disfigured, waxy, and frozen from all of the work-it is always obvious, but they lie to themselves that those women still look 30).

I’ve noticed that they usually cheer the loudest for the women who aren’t really that good-looking. They elevate average chicks to goddess status and tend to hate, hate, hate the ones who are really good-looking. (So they LOVE Michelle Williams with a passion but HATE Katherine Heigl with a fury).

We know that 150 years ago, Michelle is the lady that massa would have been visiting every night, and yes, they do probably dream of “putting her in her place.”

No one in the wings has anyone like Michelle on their arms. Jackie O was an educated debutante with great style but it’s also what she was raised to do and all that she really did do. And I also don’t think she was much of a stunner. (Oh, but she is from a family that might have some black ancestry)…

This person said it BEST!!!!

30. JensenJay on said:

I guarantee you that white (KKK)feminists would be way more supportive of Michelle if she had 6 inches less leg and was heavyset(fat) or had bad skin or couldn’t dress…

31. Well, white feminism had nothing to do with black women in the first place….so.

32. felicia on said:

It feels so good that obama got reelected because now the media , white girls, some black guys cant accused all black girls of being ghetto are ugly. Look at michelle obama,she is classy and beautiful and takes care off her kids. Thats why they are now trying so hard to date black guys now. It must pissed them of that the US president dosent want them . When barack is halve white himself. He wants that good beautiful real black women. It feels good to see Michelle in the office. As black girls we have been told so many years we aren’t good enough, thats all about to change. I hope now michelle decideds to have kids since they won.

33. JensenJay on said:

some people just can’t deal with fact alot od ppl find Michelle Obam desirable.Hmm… i wonder why?

another link: http://www.askmen.com/specials/2013_top_99/33-michelle-obama.html

Not only are white feminists silent on Michelle O, they will most likely be silent on this situation here. Here a woman by the name of Zerlina Maxwell said on FoxNews that women should not have to arm themselves to avoid rape and that men should be taught not to rape. You can see the type of responses her comments generated, namely rape & death threats.