My New Children’s E-Book

I just published a new e-book for black children!

{https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/243664}

It stars a ten year old girl named Samoya. She gets unfortunate news and must learn how to persevere through struggle and heartache…all with the help of her magical Teddy. Black children’s books were not a “hot item” when I was growing up. In fact, all the books I’ve read and had access to were from white females for white females. Remember this ladies?

When I became conscious of how these images hurt our children, I decided to take a stance and aspired to write books for our black family. I’ve been dreaming since childhood about publishing my own novel. Writing is my passion and it has always helped me to purge and understand this crazy life we’re in. In this novel, Samoya, finds herself heartbroken with “real-life” news and she must face adversity and learn the power of faith.

I want to thank all my dedicated readers who have supported me from day one. But there are a few who have warranted special thanks. HungLikeJesus who gave me great advise and links on self-publishing. Onitaset and Ron who gave me links to black owned businesses/ small business associations. And Sanctified Brother who was the first one to mention if money is an issue, e-books may be the way to go.

Thanks guys.

And my family for the love and support. Thank you.

Hope you and your children enjoy the book.

Truthbetold aka Lisa Schwarz

About these ads

53 thoughts on “My New Children’s E-Book

1. Looks like I found another book to add to my library.lol. I’m really proud of you sis. You’re a real inspiration to me. I’ve had family and friends tell me I should write a book. I’ve just been making up excuses about why I haven’t done it yet. But you’ve proven that with dedication and determination it can be done. You just have to put your mind to it. Now I have to decide if I’m going to call you Sister Truth or Lisa.lol Congrats! :).

2. Thanks prince.

I’m bursting with pride and happiness. Prince contact me if you need specifics on how to do it. I’ll be more than happy to help

I want every black person to do for self.

3. By the way Lisa Schwarz is my way of poking fun at white supremacy.

Lisa was a teachers name that told me I’d never make it. And Schwarz is German for black.

4. Thanks sis. I know I can count on you for any advice. But you’re right,it’s time to do for self. We don’t have time to waste waiting for someone else to help us. All we got is us.

5. Reblogged this on Kushite Kingdom and commented:
    Supporty my sister and buy this book or else.lol

6. I thought you might be poking fun when I saw that name!lol. You’re too much sis!

7. diaryofanegress on said:

LOL! Black Power!

8. Awwwww…thanks Prince.

9. You know I do what I can. Hopefully tomorrow others will reblog this for you. We’re a very close knit community here in the blogosphere. We have to stick together and support each other.

10. Reblogged this on Moorbey'z Blog and commented:
    Please support our comrade’s effort. 4 self-determination is possible if u put in tha work family.

You know I told you, I knew you could do it. So proud of you. I’ll be praying for you. Much Success to you.

12. Negress,

Congratulations on publishing your first book! I am so thrilled for you! You are such an inspiration for me and my family…Please raise a glass and toast yourself because you definitely deserve it, Ms. Schwarz.

13. Congrats!

So er,when’s the book tour and signings?

14. Congratulations! I just got the email notification about the post and my heart jumped when I saw my name there. Thank you!

I’m going to spread the word and take a look. $3 is a great price. Best of fortune!

15. Thank you comrade!

16. Mary, Ynotme and Phoebes:

Thank for the support guys!

Phoebes, if Jah permits, this will be a great start to building up the community. Once we begin entrepreneurship, there’s no stopping us.

17. I’ll always be grateful, Brother. I never even knew that e-books existed. Since I don’t have social media and don’t really follow new technology, I’m sorta out of the new trends that these young ‘uns are into.

I hope this will be a new start for all of us. thanks for spreading the word.

18. eBooks are great. You can read them on your computer and take them with you on your mobile device.

Heads up: the book cover photo doesn’t show up in the beginning of the article.

19. diaryofanegress on said:

Brother, you mean on your computer or on your device?

20. On the blog post and in the email notification. Right under where it says “I just published a new e-book for black children!”

21. diaryofanegress on said:

Hmmm…ok…thanks for telling me. Let me try uploading it again.

Out of curiosity, what ambition was it that this so-called teacher told you that you would fail at?

23. diaryofanegress on said:

Mickey:

I’m writing a post called The Mis-Education of the Negress to further explain my sense of despair with the European education system.

But the short answer is:

When I was young, I aspired to be a famous writer. I told one of my teachers named Lisa Moskowitz of my ambition and she looked me straight in the face and told me I’d never make it.

My other professor, in high school, told me after I presented him with my entire collection of short stories that “Niggers can’t write.”

I don’t have an ipad or kindle reader yet so I guess I could download this on my computer. I’m not tech savy. But I will get my copy I want to read it. I love children’s books.

25. diaryofanegress on said:

Thanks Miss Mary.

26. wilson on said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Inspire the young ones!!

27. You’re so inspirational. Yours is an awe-inspiring fire!

28. Thank you Wilson and Onitaset.

29. Onitaset said:

“You’re so inspirational. Yours is an awe-inspiring fire!

******

Co-sign!!!!!!!!
    : )))

30. Congratulations Negress! This is wonderful. How uplifting.
    I don’t have kids but I’ll support you financially. I have friends with kids though…hmm…My best friend has 2 daughters, beautiful girls. Maybe they’ll enjoy this.

Much love!!
    xoxo

31. diaryofanegress on said:

Thank you. that would be a great start.

32. I plan to get this as soon as I can.

33. It’ll be a great present for one of my cousins.

34. I swear you know when I get paid. Posts about books always sync up with money coming in. =P

And one you wrote too! Can’t wait to pick it up. =D

35. diaryofanegress on said:

thanks Brothawolf.

36. diaryofanegress on said:

Thanks for the support.

37. Sorry it took me a while to catch up on my email

CONGRATULATIONS! That’s a huge achievement, and something that is badly needed, books for our children written by black authors. I’ll check out the link right now.

38. Just bought my copy! Will read it this weekend.

39. diaryofanegress on said:

Thank you Miss Pam! Much appreciated.

40. ynotme on said:

Negress,

My niece loved your book and would like to know if you are going to write a series or sequel because the ending left a lot of room for a wonderful follow-up.

41. diaryofanegress on said:

Ynot me:

I’d love my book to be a series….if Jah gives me the aid and inspiration. Glad your niece liked it.

Sister Truth, A teacher actually used the words “Niggers can’t write”? That awful for a teacher who is supposed to be a purveyor of knowledge to say this to a youngster. You need to do a post on this.

43. diaryofanegress on said:

It in the making, Miss Mary.

44. Before I went to bed, I wondered if you would put an ‘advertisement’ on your sidebar. I fathomed what a good one would look like. I saw what you posted, but if you think adding the book cover would help, try recopying one of these two to your sidebar widget:

Samoya, a little girl, must overcome challenges and adversity for the first time in her life. With the help of her magic Teddy Bear, she learns a powerful lesson on faith and perseverance. Available @ http://www.smashwords.com Price: 3.00 USD

The first one is bigger–the second one is smaller–whichever you prefer, if you prefer either, use. I think getting a direct link to your book will be beneficial. :)

If you prefer I email this, let me know.

45. Sigh, I suspected it wouldn’t work in printing. :'( Though you can see the raw text in your moderation folder.

46. diaryofanegress on said:

Thanks Onitaset…I’m working on some new ways to make it more visible.

47. Onitaset on said:

If nothing else, what I emailed should be an improvement. :)

48. diaryofanegress on said:

Thank you Onitaset for your help. It does look fantastic.

49. congrats on the ebook, I really wanna read it. I think it’s great that you’re taking initiative and writing your own black children’s books. I’ll have to check it out most def!

50. diaryofanegress on said:

Thanks Peanut.

51. Reblogged this on BROTHA WOLF and commented:
    This is a new e-book for young black children. I humbly urge you all to support the authoress of this book.

52. Pingback: Samoya and the Bear « Dennis R. Upkins

53. Neo-Prodigy on said:

Just boosted the signal on this on Ars Marginal:

ALL COMMENTS ARE CLOSED

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 522 other followers